Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Switch KVM for C3000 Workstation Post 302580381 by merme on Thursday 8th of December 2011 10:10:40 AM
Old 12-08-2011
Switch KVM for C3000 Workstation

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a switch KVM for my HP C3000 and my windows workstation.

Both are in full usb, keyboard and mouse.

I've already bought several switch, but sometimes the c3000 doesn't reconized the keyboard, or when i switch from windows to hp-ux, the hp-ux session log off.

So i'm fed up to buy kvm which don't work with it, so if someone has the good one, i'm really interesting with it Smilie

Thank's a lot for your help !

Have a good day !

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

KVM for V880's

We have 3 V880's and we need to purchase a KVM for them. I've never purchased one before. Does anyone have a recommendation for one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

application for KVM

Hi Is there an application for KVM which it can save guest's registers and system calls informations? Thanks a lot in advance! Setareh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: setareh92
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

About KVM ?

Hi every body Umm. I have 4 physical servers and i need to make the 1 machine from 4 server by KVM like Vmware ESX ? Do KVM can consolidate physical servers to 1 machine ? If KVM can do it. can i find manual to do it from where thk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Correctly shutdown a C3000 hp workstation

A simple question about the old c3000 ws https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwJbws7Z2ALR0oCkw2emIv4lrJDDlbjRHUmIgd9VNA_i6Ej2CY For shutdown correctly i use to press the power button,without do shutdown from cli first,is correct? Or is better to shutdown(# shutdown -h now)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
KVM(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    KVM(3)

NAME
kvm -- kernel memory interface LIBRARY
Kernel Data Access Library (libkvm, -lkvm) DESCRIPTION
The kvm library provides a uniform interface for accessing kernel virtual memory images, including live systems and crash dumps. Access to live systems is via /dev/mem while crash dumps can be examined via the core file generated by savecore(8). The interface behaves identically in both cases. Memory can be read and written, kernel symbol addresses can be looked up efficiently, and information about user processes can be gathered. kvm_open() is first called to obtain a descriptor for all subsequent calls. FILES
/dev/mem interface to physical memory COMPATIBILITY
The kvm interface was first introduced in SunOS. A considerable number of programs have been developed that use this interface, making back- ward compatibility highly desirable. In most respects, the Sun kvm interface is consistent and clean. Accordingly, the generic portion of the interface (i.e., kvm_open(), kvm_close(), kvm_read(), kvm_write(), and kvm_nlist()) has been incorporated into the BSD interface. Indeed, many kvm applications (i.e., debuggers and statistical monitors) use only this subset of the interface. The process interface was not kept. This is not a portability issue since any code that manipulates processes is inherently machine depen- dent. Finally, the Sun kvm error reporting semantics are poorly defined. The library can be configured either to print errors to stderr automati- cally, or to print no error messages at all. In the latter case, the nature of the error cannot be determined. To overcome this, the BSD interface includes a routine, kvm_geterr(3), to return (not print out) the error message corresponding to the most recent error condition on the given descriptor. SEE ALSO
kvm_close(3), kvm_getargv(3), kvm_getenvv(3), kvm_geterr(3), kvm_getkernelname(3), kvm_getloadavg(3), kvm_getlwps(3), kvm_getprocs(3), kvm_nlist(3), kvm_open(3), kvm_openfiles(3), kvm_read(3), kvm_write(3) BSD
September 14, 2011 BSD