Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding recv function
Special Forums IP Networking regarding recv function Post 302578428 by ggcc on Thursday 1st of December 2011 12:33:44 PM
Old 12-01-2011
Thank you for the info.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

recv() problems using AIX 4.33

I am opening a server socket on one of our machines and connection to it on the other machine. After making the connection if ether one of the systems does a recv() and ther is no data to receive then the buffer is filled with spaces and returns. I have no way of knowing if it is valid or not. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazard0007
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Forgotten Password and no email recv'd

I have forgotten my password and twice have entered my email address in your 'Forgotten Password' screen, but have received no email about how to proceed. Do you know what's wrong - please advise. Thanks. Jan (jvander) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvandernopasswd
0 Replies

3. Programming

send and recv ARP package in AS3.0

In attachment, is the code to test IP by ARP proxy. I always use it to test a IP already existing in my cluster. Usage: arp_func eth0 192.168.1.1 Enviroment: IA64, RedHat AS3.0, 2.4.21-15.EL, gcc-3.2.3-34, "gcc -o arp_func arp_func.c" When the code below added before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lameryang
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

recv() not workin fine.....

hi ! In my program I have a structure as shown below: struct data { int a; char *b; long c; }str; i have assigned the following values to it: strcpy(str.b,"John"); str.a=10; str.c=123435; The client is tryin to send struct data to the server using send(sock,(char *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
2 Replies

5. Programming

UDP socket - can both client and server recv and send

Hi, Am very new to socket programming. When we use UDP sockets to communicate between two processess, will both the client/server socket be able to send/recv ? meaning can sendto()/ recvfrom() be used on both server and client? It could be useful even if anybody provide some link on socket... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. Programming

C Network Programming - recv() help

So I'm making a program that gets the IP Address of an inputed website, then sends the IP Address to an inputed host. This program has no real meaning, but just a learning experiment. So I sucessfully made the program, then I wanted to try out recv(), and it produces some weird output; here is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
2 Replies

7. Programming

recv syscall for socket programming

I have a question regarding the recv syscall. Suppose I have a client/server and the following exchange of message took place: Client --> Server using multiple send syscalls one after another immediately: send "Packet1" send "Packet2" send "Packet3" Server receives in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heljy
2 Replies

8. Programming

ABOUT RECV() SYSTEM CALL (regarding timer)

Hi all, I am facing a problem in recv() system call i.e.. in my project i have to implement timer for sending (data) and resending purpose when there is no acknowledgement. is there any way that recv() sys call has its own timer i.e., for ex: recv() has to wait for 10 secs. if any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohil
0 Replies

9. Programming

Recv() call with timer(time out )

Hi all, I am facing a problem in recv() system call i.e.. in my project i have to implement timer for sending (data) and resending purpose when there is no acknowledgement. is there any way that recv() sys call has its own timer i.e., for ex: recv() has to wait for 10 secs. if any one knows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohil
2 Replies

10. Programming

How can I tell when recv is finished with pending data?

I'm working with recv and I am having a heck of a lot of trouble ignoring excess data that I did not ask for. I was hoping someone could shine some light on the subject for me because I'm not getting anywhere fast. ---------- Post updated at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies
INFO(5) 							File Formats Manual							   INFO(5)

NAME
info - readable online documentation DESCRIPTION
The Info file format is an easily-parsable representation for online documents. It can be read by emacs(1) and info(1) among other pro- grams. Info files are usually created from texinfo(5) sources by makeinfo(1), but can be created from scratch if so desired. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo-<version>.tar.gz or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). texinfo(5). FSF
GNU Info INFO(5)