Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format the output to sent in Email Post 302575193 by itkamaraj on Sunday 20th of November 2011 11:38:32 PM
Old 11-21-2011
Code:

mysql --help

MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 4.5.1.1 mysql Options

Are you looking for the -t option ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format disorder after email with attachment

Hello My script is to email a textfile(abc) in unix. I open abc.txt using window notepad. All the "Enter Key"(line break) are found missed. However, it is no problem using window wordpad. uuencode abc abc.txt | mailx -s "Email Subject" someone@email.com How can I adjust the above command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format data before i email it to the User

Hi, i have a report which I basically need to format before i email it to the User. it comrises of data in below format currently YOMP_CSC_ASSESS_SCY062 cancelled SOMO_Ckswed_ACEAMT_PC3 completed SOMO_sdasf_TAX_ASSET completed SOMP_CSC_ndksljfh_SCY060 cancelled I need it in the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to format output and email

Hello, I'm a bit stumped, for some reason when using AWK 'print' is not printing the entire date/line. awk '{print "Ticket #: " $1} {print "Queue : " $2} {print "Recieved : " $3} {print "AP Date : " $4} {print "Circuit ID : " $5} {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArvinSodhi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Date Format And Email Out

Hello All, I have a requirement where i need to get the EXTRACT_DATE from a file and check if the date is of valid format or not and then mail it if it is not valid. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I did the following so far. awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EMAIL Format in UNIX

Hi , Need help of Email Format I have TEST .txt file which contains below data /home/a.DAT File Not received /home/a.CTL File Not received /home/b.DAT File Not received /home/b.CTL File Not received i am using below command to send mail mail -s "ERROR: files" $MAIL_LIST <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish1222
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting email output in single line with out space in email

I have tried below email method and i am getting every thing in single line . i have put echo to provide space, but it is not helping my code ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo "CC: $CC" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output format in email is not same as on the system

Hi I have script to collect file system usage statistics from few remote unix hosts and email . On the UNIX system the column spacing is fine but the email output is not aligned properly. Any tips to fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)