Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh93 different results using -x option Post 302568233 by lthorson on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 06:10:28 PM
Old 10-26-2011
Sorry - I should have clarified that we see this using ksh93e. Our system is frozen on this release, and it's reproducable on Solaris 8 and Solaris 10 systems. I just figured someone else had to of seen this at some point, and yet I can't find anyone mentioning it on the web.

I do not see the problem if I run it with ksh93r version, which we have installed, but isn't our default ksh.
Code:
lsslogin1$ ls -l /bin/ksh93e
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         19 Oct 10  2009 /bin/ksh93e -> /opt/ksh93e/bin/ksh
lsslogin1$ ls -l /opt/ksh93e/bin/ksh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin       794624 Feb 28  2000 /opt/ksh93e/bin/ksh
lsslogin1$

Has anyone else seen this problem using ksh93e, and if so, is there a patch or workaround for it? Thank you!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums.

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-27-2011 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh93 deprecation...

Any means of running ksh93 in a ksh88-mode? Might sound odd, but I want/need to restrict U/Win-developed scripts to correspond to the ksh88 version on my Solaris environment(s). Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curleb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh88 or ksh93

Hi all! Does anybody know how can I check if any UNIX installation has implemented ksh88 or ksh93? Thanks in advance. Néstor. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nestor
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance degradation with KSH93

Hi, I have a script that calls an external program to perform some calculations and then I read with "grep" and "sed" values from the output files. I've noticed that performance of KSH93 degrades with every iteration. The output files are all the same size, so I don't understand why after the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.f.schulz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Install ksh93 for cygwin

Hi, Does anyone know where can I get ksh93 for installation on CYGWIN. Thanks? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh93 newline character problem

Hi , I am working on Linux, with ksh93 installed. The following statement echo \\n just prints \n on this shell. However on pdksh echo \\n gives a blank new line as a output. What is the correct way of printing a new line character on the ksh93? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh93 on Linux compatible with ksh93 on AIX

Hi Experts, I have several shell scripts that have been developed on a Linux box for korn ksh93. If we want to run this software on an AIX 6.1 box that runs ksh88 by default can we just change the she-bang line to reference /bin/ksh93 which ships with AIX as its "enhanced shell" to ensure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Turley
6 Replies

10. AIX

Ksh93/AIX compatibility

Hi everyone ! Im trying to know from wich version of AIX KSH93 is available ? Internet tell me 6.x and 7.x AIX are available, bue what about 5.x ? Is KSH93 available on AIX 5.x ? Is it the same way to manipulate variables as KSH93 on 7.x ? Thanks for your support and have a nice day ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majinfrede
2 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)