Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help submitting jobs to cluster Post 302565542 by otheus on Tuesday 18th of October 2011 07:26:07 AM
Old 10-18-2011
There's a forum for questions concerning cluster computing. For future reference, use Senior Advisor - https://www.unix.com. Anyway, most medium-sized clusters have a dedicated cluster administrator or cluster services support staff. Is that not the case on your cluster?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cron jobs on cluster?

I have Veritas N+1 cluster on Solaris 9 can I move my cron jobs on cluster? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_pan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Submitting jobs remotely...Experts help reqd

Is there any way I can submit a job to a remote machine and return immediately without withing for the job to finish? What I mean is this...using rsh I can submit a job to a remote machine like this: rsh remotemac1 job.sh But this doesn't return untill the job has finished and as a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijit
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

submitting data during a program run

I'm new to this and didn't know what my problem is called but here it is: A program called "prepdata" is run which asks the user to enter in a <input> file for the data to be taken from. However, it won't accept that input filename as an argument: $ prepdata <input> will NOT work ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob W
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Sendmail not submitting Email on '.'

I have several HP/UX nodes running Sendmail 8.13 ...some work fine, some don't. When an Email is coming in, the 'DATA' command never ends. The other side of the connection gets to the point where it enters the '.' on a line by itself, but sendmail doesn't accept it...if fact it keeps on holding... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_exonets
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem submitting job to queue

Hi, I am trying to submit a job to a queue on a cluster. When I run the job ( python script) from the command line it runs without putting python at the start. The script imports everything from another congifuration file (.config) but when I submit to the queue it tells me there is no module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i-dont-know
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Submitting awk script into cluster short.q

Hello, I want to submit my awk script into cluster queue as my job takes about forty minutes to finish so I can not run it on the main node. My awk script is like the following and I have three files. so, I write : qsub -q short.q Myscript.awk file1 file2 file3 It submits the work into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Submitting multiple qsub jobs

Hi all, Today, I want to ask how to submit multiple qsub jobs. I want to submit 100 .sh files for the simulations. The name of files is run_001.sh, run_002.sh, run_003.sh, ..... ..... run_100.sh Submitting each file manually are time-consuming, hence, I want to make another .sh file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syg3434
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
cmdeleteconf(1m)														  cmdeleteconf(1m)

NAME
cmdeleteconf - Delete either the cluster or the package configuration SYNOPSIS
cmdeleteconf [-f] [-v] [-c cluster_name] [[-p package_name]...] DESCRIPTION
cmdeleteconf deletes either the entire cluster configuration, including all its packages, or only the specified package configuration. If neither cluster_name nor package_name is specified, cmdeleteconf will delete the local cluster's configuration and all its packages. If the local node's cluster configuration is outdated, cmdeleteconf without any argument will only delete the local node's configuration. If only the package_name is specified, the configuration of package_name in the local cluster is deleted. If both cluster_name and pack- age_name are specified, the package must be configured in the cluster_name, and only the package package_name will be deleted. cmdelete- conf with only cluster_name specified will delete the entire cluster configuration on all the nodes in the cluster, regardless of the con- figuration version. The local cluster is the cluster that the node running the cmdeleteconf command belongs to. Only a superuser, whose effective user ID is zero (see id(1) and su(1)), can delete the configuration. To delete the cluster configuration, halt the cluster first. To delete a package configuration you must halt the package first, but you do not need to halt the cluster (it may remain up or be brought down). To delete the package VxVM-CVM-pkg (HP-UX only), you must first delete all packages with STORAGE_GROUP defined. While deleting the cluster, if any of the cluster nodes are powered down, the user can choose to continue deleting the configuration. In this case, the cluster configuration on the down node will remain in place and, therefore, be out of sync with the rest of the cluster. If the powered-down node ever comes up, the user should execute the cmdeleteconf command with no argument on that node to clean up the config- uration before doing any other Serviceguard command. Options cmdeleteconf supports the following options: -f Force the deletion of either the cluster configuration or the package configuration. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -c cluster_name Name of the cluster to delete. The cluster must be halted already, if intending to delete the cluster. -p package_name Name of an existing package to delete from the cluster. The package must be halted already. There should not be any packages in the cluster with STORAGE_GROUP defined before having a package_name of VxVM-CVM-pkg (HP-UX only). RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, cmdeleteconf returns one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
The high availability environment contains the cluster, clusterA , and a package, pkg1. To delete package pkg1 in clusterA, do the following: cmdeleteconf -f -c clusterA -p pkg1 To delete the cluster clusterA and all its packages, do the following: cmdeleteconf -f -c clusterA AUTHOR
cmdeleteconf was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmcheckconf(1m), cmapplyconf(1m), cmgetconf(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmquerycl(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmdeleteconf(1m)