Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat MySQL (mysqld) fails to start! Post 302559482 by radoulov on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 07:40:17 AM
Old 09-27-2011
Please post the content of the error log file (/var/lib/mp054a.halls.manchester.ac.uk.err or /var/log/mysqld.log, choose the most recent).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

mysqld

Hello I installed mysql41 this is the end of the installation but when I try to launch the mysqld daemon it write this: note: LodelServoo is a CMS which need mysql I verify that the dir mysql existed under /var/db, but it doesn't so naively I created it and launch again the mysqld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulCoder
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XServer Fails to start

I've recently patched my AIX box from ML02 to ML06 and somehow along the way the monitor no longer starts up in GUI mode. Running the command xinit gives me the following errros ioctl Bad file Number 1356- Unable to start the X server I've checked the path variables, the monitor, the lai0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahartle
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ldap client fails to start under solaris 10

I have an issue here with ldap client. It stoped and won't start. What I have got: sadm $ tail /var/adm/messages Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 Mesg: Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' (''). Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to auto start MySQL server on Opensolaris after rebooting the machine?

Hi, In Linux, I will do it by editing the /etc/rc.d/rc.local . However, I can't find a rc.local file in Opensolaris. So, how can I do it in Opensolaris? I am new to opensolaris, so please teach me step by step. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vsftp in CentOS fails to start

service of vsftpd is not starting .I m using centos 5 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj@Innodata
2 Replies

8. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux)

I am trying to start a server for a class I am in but... mysql won't start with this error ( ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) ) ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer939
2 Replies
safe_mysqld(1)							  MySQL database						    safe_mysqld(1)

NAME
mysqld_safe - start the mysqld daemon on Unix. SYNOPSIS
mysqld_safe [--basedir=path] [--core-file-size=#] [--defaults-extra-file=path] [--defaults-file=path] [--open-files=#] [--datadir=path] [--err-log=path] [--ledir=path] [--log=path] [--no-defaults] [--open-files=#] [--pid-file=path] [--port=#] [--socket=path] [--timezone=#] [--user=#] DESCRIPTION
mysqld_safe adds some safety features such as restarting the server when an error occurs and logging run-time information to a log file. --basedir=path --core-file-size=# Size of the core file mysqld should be able to create. Passed to ulimit -c. --defaults-extra-file=path --defaults-file=path --datadir=path --err-log=path --ledir=path Path to mysqld --log=path --no-defaults --open-files=# Number of files mysqld should be able to open. Passed to ulimit -n. --pid-file=path --port=# --socket=path --timezone=# Set the timezone (the TZ) variable to the value of this parameter. --user=# NOTE
Note that all options on the command line to mysqld_safe are passed to mysqld. If you wants to use any options in mysqld_safe that mysqld doesn't support, you must specify these in the option file. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privilege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com). This software comes with no war- ranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercurme- dia.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 safe_mysqld(1)