Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert UFS (root) to VxFS
Operating Systems Solaris Convert UFS (root) to VxFS Post 302549755 by beginningDBA on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 12:09:22 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Convert UFS (root) to VxFS

Hi all,
How to i use vxfs for my server? Because when i install OS, it is installed with ufs, then after Solaris 10 installation, i proceed to install vxfs.

How do i convert all the ufs to vxfs? Or is it what i'm doing is the incorrect way?

Please help. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procedure to convert UFS to VXFS

Hello ! :confused: Does anyone knows anything about procedure to convert Solaris UFS filesystem to VxFS. Thx, Witt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: witt
1 Replies

2. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

4. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Confusion in vxfs & ufs

Hi All, I have rootdg encapsulated within Veritas Volume Manager. /# vxprint -vg rootdg TY NAME ASSOC KSTATE LENGTH PLOFFS STATE TUTIL0 PUTIL0 v rootvol root ENABLED 24585216 - ACTIVE - - v swapvol swap ENABLED 20484288 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)