Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal Command into script
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Terminal Command into script Post 302547705 by xbin on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 11:31:59 AM
Old 08-16-2011
The ntp daemon is alway running on your machine. Whether the machine uses network time is controlled by System Preferences.
Code:
if /usr/sbin/systemsetup -getusingnetworktime  | /usr/bin/grep -q Off
then
    echo "SYNCING TO NETWORK TIME"
    /usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on
fi

Code is not thoroughly tested-Use at your own risk. It probably should be run as root.

Last edited by xbin; 08-16-2011 at 12:57 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

terminal script stops after script command :(.

Hello, i am trying to write a script for terminal for my mac that i may drag into the terminal and will excute the following command: script -akq Desktop/TerminalLogin/Cisco1Bob.txt telnet x.x.x.x the problem is that when i drag the text file to the terminal window the script stops after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdread
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start SCRIPT command at begin of TERMINAL?

Hello sir, I want to monitor my work on the terminal.I know we can use script command.But every time when I start the terminal, I have to type script to start it.I want to automate it. So where should I include this command so that it will start as soon as I start the terminal ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's the terminal command to do this ?

what's the terminal command to do this ? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Command works in terminal, but not in shell script

Hi, the following command works in the terminal no problem. samtools view -h rawlib.bam | perl -ne '{ @line = split( /\s+/ ); $match = 0; while( $line =~ /(\d+)M/g ) { $match = $match + $1 } if( $match >= 80 || $_ =~ /^\@/ ) { print $_ } }' | java -Xmx12G -jar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

10. Linux

Terminal command

I need to execute apt-cdrom to designate the pendrive using LM 18.3x 'live". (instead of CD-Rom) Rick (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
7 Replies
svscanboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     svscanboot(8)

NAME
svscanboot - starts svscan(8) in the /service directory, with output and error messages logged through readproctitle(8). svscanboot is available in daemontools 0.75 and above. SYNOPSIS
svscanboot DESCRIPTION
svscanboot runs the pipeline svscan /service 2>&1 | readproctitle service errors: ..... with 400 dots. The last 400 bytes of error messages from svscan(8) will be visible to ps(1) through readproctitle(8). svscanboot sets $PATH to /command:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin (all in one line, no space) and clears all other environment variables. Program writers are encouraged to use globally allocated names in /command. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8), ps(1) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand.html svscanboot(8)