Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automount problem
Operating Systems Linux Automount problem Post 302546460 by Mani_apr08 on Thursday 11th of August 2011 09:09:44 AM
Old 08-11-2011
I would like to do automount for one remote location.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. Solaris

CD automount does not work

Hello, I have a SUN Solaris 9 machine (Sun-Fire-V490). I put a DVD in the reader to install a software. The automount procedure did not work (vold is running) : I have nothing under /cdrom When I try "eject" command I have the answer "No default media available" When I try to mount manually the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
3 Replies

5. AIX

problem with automount in Aix

Dear Frndz, I have a problem in automount. please find the config file entry for automount /etc/auto_master /- /mount.map I have specified all the mappings in /mount.map The service is operative. But when i cd into the directory it is not mounting with the server. Could you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automount issue

Folks; I'm mounting a directory on a different SUSE 10 server from my SUSE server fine. using this mount command: # mount 192.168.132.11:/var/local/new /var/local/new this command above works fine but when i added a new line to my "/etc/fstab" to be mounted automatically every time i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automount script

I'm attempting to take an fstab that looks something like this: /proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /sys /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

8. AIX

Help on Unconfiguring Automount

Hi All, Please help. I need an advise on how to Unconfigure automount please. Many Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Automount through Autofs

I am trying to automount one of my NFS share to my client machine but it is not mounting here is the scenario : My server machine ip : 192.168.1.100 My client machine ip is : 192.168.1.102 on client machine i have configured the /etc/auto.master file : /share(My mount point) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

10. AIX

Automount issue

Hi there, I have a strange problem, I have a NFS server running AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3, let's call it server A. I have another AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3 server, let's call it server B, that's automounting a filesystem from server A. When server B is automounting the filesystem from server A, I can't see any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies
ipa-client-automount(1) 					 IPA Manual Pages					   ipa-client-automount(1)

NAME
ipa-client-automount - Configure automount and NFS for IPA SYNOPSIS
ipa-client-automount [OPTION]... <location> DESCRIPTION
Configures automount for IPA. The automount configuration consists of three files: o /etc/nsswitch.conf o /etc/sysconfig/autofs o /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf By default this will use DNS discovery to attempt to determine the IPA server(s) to use. If IPA servers are discovered then the automount client will be configured to use DNS discovery. If DNS discovery fails or a specific server is desired, use the --server option. The default automount location is named default. To specify a different one use the --location option. The IPA client must already be configured in order to configure automount. The IPA client is configured as part of a server installation. There are two ways to configure automount. The default is to use sssd to manage the automount maps. Alternatively autofs can configured to bind to LDAP over GSSAPI and authenticate using the machine's host principal. The nsswitch automount service is configured to use either sss or ldap and files depending on whether SSSD is configured or not. NFSv4 is also configured. The rpc.gssd and rpc.idmapd are started on clients to support Kerberos-secured mounts. OPTIONS
--server=SERVER Set the IPA server to connect to --location=LOCATION Automount location -S, --no-sssd Do not configure the client to use SSSD for automount -d, --debug Print debugging information to stdout -U, --unattended Unattended installation. The user will not be prompted --uninstall Restore the automount configuration files FILES
Files that will be always be configured: /etc/nsswitch.conf Files that will be configured when SSSD is the automount client (default): /etc/sssd/sssd.conf Files that will be configured when using the ldap automount client: /etc/sysconfig/autofs /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf EXIT STATUS
0 if the installation was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
May 25 2012 ipa-client-automount(1)