Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where can I find a list of POSIX certificated OS by open group? Post 302545202 by vistastar on Sunday 7th of August 2011 11:15:49 AM
Old 08-07-2011
Where can I find a list of POSIX certificated OS by open group?

Linux is said to be POSIX compliant but can't be named UNIX while Solaris, AIX, HP-UX are named UNIX.
Where can I get a list of certificated UNIX? I can't find it in opengroup.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1)

Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards)

Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Or: Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7 Keywords UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How do you list users in a solaris group

I need to list all users in a group. This is a large unix site running nis+. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process the user id list in /etc/group?

To all, I need to find a group in /etc/group and if found, I need to list out all the login ids for that group - one login id per line. To find the list of user login ids for group X, I probably will use cat /etc/group|grep ^X:|cut -d: -f4 This will return back a list of comma delimited... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a list of group members?

Is there a command to get a list of group members? Something similar to the groups command, but instead of passing a username and returning groups, you pass it a groupname, and it returns members? It is difficult to do it manually because the group membership information is split across two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to list group members in solaris 9

Hi, I already gone through with old post regarding listing the group members and tried the command getenv group other the result is other::1:root i listed my part of the /etc/passwd file below test1:x:100:1::/home/test1:/bin/sh test2:x:101:1::/home/test2:/bin/ksh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a min,group by.

I have a data file with records: A123|Peter|20 A123|Jack |10 B222|Helen|15 B222|Jane |13 B222|Guy |30 I want for find the min for $3 group by $1. i.e A123|Jack|10 B222|Jane|13 Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

group list

What is the Solaris Unix Command to list the groups? Can I run it from my home directory or do I run it from somewhere else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VKmetz
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to find Secondary Group only?

Hi, I would like to know how to find our secondary group of user only. I have used the command id -Gn user1 it is showing both groups of user. Primary and secondary group. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find Error: rpmdb open failed on list of servers

Hello all, I have a task to patch red hat servers and some servers have a corrupted rpm database and return the error: Error: rpmdb open failed I know how to fix this when it occurs. What I'm hoping to do is scan a list of servers by IP and report back which server have this error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - Shell, the standard command language interpreter DESCRIPTION
[Tru64 UNIX] Tru64 UNIX provides two command interpreters with the name sh. The XCU5.0 and POSIX.2 compliant command interpreter sh is available in the file /usr/bin/posix/sh and is described in the sh(1p) reference page. The Bourne shell, historically known as sh, is available in the file /usr/bin/sh and is described in the sh(1b) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] Your initial, or login, shell is determined by your entry in the file /etc/passwd. This file can be changed only by your sys- tem administrator. You must use whatever procedures are in place at your location to have this entry changed. [Tru64 UNIX] If available on your system, you may use the passwd -s or the chsh commands to change your login shell. Note This option is not available if your site manages passwords through the Network Information Service (NIS) facility. Check with your system administrator. [Tru64 UNIX] Subsequent shells spawned from the initial shell depend on the value in the environment variable BIN_SH. If this variable is set to xpg4, the POSIX shell is started. If this variable is set to svr4, an SVR4 compliant version of the shell is started. If this vari- able is unset, the Bourne shell is started. If this variable is set to any other value, an error is reported and the results are unpre- dictable. See the EXAMPLES section for information on setting this variable. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] With Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0 the Korn shell, /usr/bin/ksh is the same as the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The file /etc/shells must include entries for both the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh and the Bourne shell, /usr/bin/sh. If this file is incorrect, see your system administrator. EXAMPLES
Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/ XCU5.0compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=xpg4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=svr4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unset BIN_SH Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/XCU5.0 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH xpg4 Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH svr4 Using the C/ shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unsetenv BIN_SH FILES
User profile. Contains user information, including the login shell name. Contains the names of available and permitted shells. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), passwd(1) Files: passwd(4), shells(4) Standards: standards(5) sh(1)