Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: accidentally umount -a
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers accidentally umount -a Post 302536554 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 06:44:39 PM
Old 07-05-2011
Very odd.

How about cat /proc/mounts?

You could try rebooting of course.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount

:confused: Twofold question for you unix "guru's" 1) When attempting to use the umount command I get a message stating that the partition that I want to unmount is busy. Is there another command that I need to use prior to the umount command to clear the partition of activity????? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accidentally deleting directory/files

Hi, I accidentally deleted a big directory with all its sub-directories and bunch of source code files which I have been developing for about 2 years... What will I do now, how can I retrieve my files, directory hierarchy back ??? If anyone, please HELP ! ! ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

umount help

hi all, I inherit a Solaris7 system with /home mounted via a share from the NFS server. When I look at mnttab, there are two entries mounted under /home. Let's say they are server:/home/a and server:/home/b. I would like to maintain /home/a but not /home/b. However, I just don't know where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
4 Replies

4. Solaris

changed shell of the root accidentally

Hi All, I have changed the shell of the root accidentally to /sbin/bash :mad: How do I change that? :( To change that I need to go to ok prompt I think, and there I need to mount the root file system in order to make changes to the respective file. Can any one please suggest how do I do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu_asim
4 Replies

5. Solaris

I may have accidentally redefined one of the outputs...

I get unexpected results when doing ls -al | more and ls -al | grep. When I do not pipe the output, it comes to the screen just fine, and there is output! When I pipe to another command, I either get nothing, or else I get a strange dump. Which of the outputs have I accidentally affected?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joang
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! Accidentally downloaded .gz file non-binary

Let me start by saying I am at a VERY beginner level in terms of UNIX/FTP/etc. Someone loaded a file onto a server for me and zipped it using gzip. I accidentally downloaded the file without using "binary". I now have a "filename.txt.gz" sitting on my computer that I need to unzip. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UDcc123
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Accidentally did a unlink inet

I was trying to remove a symbolic link of /etc/hosts to /etc/inet/hosts well i forgot the command and in the /etc directory i did unlink inet and now i can not get into inet and it does not exist in /etc 1) what do i do to fix the inet directory 2) how do i link /etc/hosts to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accidentally removed a script

I accidentally rm a script (typo) and it doesn't even show up in the trash. Is there any way I can recover? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
3 Replies

9. AIX

Oracle ASM accidentally messed with my hdisk

I have AIX 5.3 with oracle 10g ( test server). While trying to create RAW disk for Oracle ASM I have accidentally messed with rootvg (hdisk0 & hdisk1) When I do # lspv hdisk0 0516-066 : Physical volume is not a volume group member. Check the physical volume name specified. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: George_Samaan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - accidentally removing unprocessed records

I have an automated sftp process running on a Linux server that is securely connecting to an insurance company server whereby the insurance company places work assignments into a directory on their windows server (running VanDyke Vshell). My unattended (background) process runs every minute.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffvansan
8 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount filesystems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special | node umount -a | -A [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount command calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a special device or the remote node (rhost:path) from the filesystem tree at the point node. If either special or node are not provided, the appropriate information is taken from the fstab(5) file. The options are as follows: -a All the filesystems described in fstab(5) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted filesystems except the root are unmounted. -f The filesystem is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root filesystem cannot be forcibly unmounted. -h host Only filesystems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option is implies the -A option and, unless otherwise spec- ified with the -t option, will only unmount NFS filesystems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on filesystems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of filesystem types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the filesystem types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -a -t nfs,hfs umounts all filesystems of the type NFS and HFS. -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each filesystem is unmounted. FILES
/etc/fstab filesystem table SEE ALSO
unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
A umount command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1995 4th Berkeley Distribution