Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with -c option in Mailx command Post 302523246 by krishna_gnv on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 08:42:02 AM
Old 05-18-2011
I tried sending mail from prompt then also it gives same error. "unknown flag -c".

I checked mail manaul and found ~c for CC but even then also i am facing problem.

mailx -s "test" ~c xyz@xyz.com then also it goes in To list for xyz@xyz.com and ~c@xyz.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Here is a question I have, maybe someone can help me out. I am new to this UNIX thing. :) I have a file called elist. In this file is a list of 25 email adresses. How can I write a simple command line for that will read the names of the file and send it to each of the email addys. Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iastorms
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mailx command when sending attachment.

Hi, I have tried to sent a mail with body and attachment. But the shell script got hanging while executing that command. The command is "(cat body;uuencode att1.csv)|mailx -s "Production Monitoring Report(Unix Side)" milton.yesusundaram@patni.com" where body is a file having a single line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

4. Solaris

mailx -c option

I get the below error message when I try to CC recipients in the mailx command. Can someone help. --------------------------------------------------------------- Can't create transcript file ./xfm0SD2kY24649: Permission denied Cannot create ./dfm0SD2kY24649: Permission denied queueup:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pt14
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Carbon copy (CC) option in mailx command

Hi, I have problems with the cc option in mailx command. Just went through some of the similar threads but none provides a satisfactory explanation. I have a script using the mailx command in the following way: (echo `cat mailsub.txt` ; uuencode attachment.csv attachment.csv) | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithaN
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Mailx command to send mail with attachment

Hi, I am using mailx command to send a mail with attachment. It's working fine, but with attachment I am getting one extra attachment like (ATT00131.txt). I have tried to use unix2dos command also. But still I am getting the extra attachment. I am using the following code: subject="temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanatharv
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with mailx command

Hi, I have written down a script and in that im using mailx command in Unix. Such that i have taken the reciepent that would be in "To" using read command i.e from standard input and echoed the reciepients in cc into a file .Now im not able to use the mailx -r ie which sends the sender... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Using fgrep Command with pattern file option

Hi, i am using fgrep command with following syntax fgrep -v -f pattern_file_name file file contains few line and have the pattern which i am giving in pattern file. My Problem is : its is not giving any output. while i am using fgrep -f pattern_file_name file it is showing all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emresearch
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with -s option in IF

Hello Guys , I am trying to run below in one of my script but unable to get it succeed . Can anyone help me on this? I am using HP-UX. if then write_log " Both files are present . Mail will be send to respective teams." EMAIL_SUBJECT="MGCA - File Extraction Process COMPLETED"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu sood
12 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)