Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting making code compatible to previous bash versions Post 302520864 by Corona688 on Monday 9th of May 2011 11:57:20 AM
Old 05-09-2011
Well, do you have ksh?

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
IFS="|"
while read LINE
do
        set -A array1 $LINE

while read LINE2
        do
                set -A array2 $LINE2
        done < file2
done < file1

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX

Hi!!, my HP-UX - 10.2 compiler doesnt appear to support ANSI style of coding. On compiling my C code, it flags error messages like error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI Feature Is it a generic problem with the HP compiler or do I need to use some special switches on the command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to delete previous versions of files

Hi. I need a script (either bash or perl) that can delete previous versions of files. For instance, from our continuous build process I get directories such as build5_dev_1.21 build5_dev_1.22 build5_dev_1.23 build5_dev_1.24 I need a script that I can run every night (using "at"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto make ksh skript bash-compatible with backticks

I have the following ksh-script: #!/bin/ksh # Ueberprüfe, ob genau ein Parameter angegeben wurde test "$#" -eq "1" || { echo "USAGE: path_cleanup <PATH_NAME>"; return 1; } # Ueberpruefe, ob awk und nawk installiert sind test -x /bin/nawk || { echo "ERROR: nawk is not installed"; return 1;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_symbiosis
2 Replies

4. Debian

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
1 Replies
ARRAY_DIFF_UKEY(3)							 1							ARRAY_DIFF_UKEY(3)

array_diff_ukey - Computes the difference of arrays using a callback function on the keys for comparison

SYNOPSIS
array array_diff_ukey (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...], callable $key_compare_func) DESCRIPTION
Compares the keys from $array1 against the keys from $array2 and returns the difference. This function is like array_diff(3) except the comparison is done on the keys instead of the values. Unlike array_diff_key(3) a user supplied callback function is used for the indices comparison, not internal function. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array to compare from o $array2 - An array to compare against o $... - More arrays to compare against o $key_compare_func - The comparison function must return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if the first argument is considered to be respectively less than, equal to, or greater than the second. int callback (mixed $a, mixed $b) RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the entries from $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_diff_ukey(3) example <?php function key_compare_func($key1, $key2) { if ($key1 == $key2) return 0; else if ($key1 > $key2) return 1; else return -1; } $array1 = array('blue' => 1, 'red' => 2, 'green' => 3, 'purple' => 4); $array2 = array('green' => 5, 'blue' => 6, 'yellow' => 7, 'cyan' => 8); var_dump(array_diff_ukey($array1, $array2, 'key_compare_func')); ?> The above example will output: array(2) { ["red"]=> int(2) ["purple"]=> int(4) } NOTES
Note This function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_diff_ukey($array1[0], $array2[0], 'callback_func');. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_udiff(3), array_diff_assoc(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_diff_key(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3), array_intersect_uassoc(3), array_intersect_key(3), array_intersect_ukey(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_DIFF_UKEY(3)