Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming An error in my c++ program... please help urgent. Post 302505453 by poonam.gaigole on Thursday 17th of March 2011 02:37:27 AM
Old 03-17-2011
Here, 'ele' is the element that we read from the infix expression (ifx[]) and I think i should not have used the 'elem' because its of no use in my program.
The following code compares between the elements present in the two stacks one by one.

Code:
Code:
        else if(ifx[i]=='^'||ifx[i]=='*'||ifx[i]=='/'||ifx[i]=='+'||ifx[i]=='-')
            {
                 if(topp=='^'||topp=='*'||topp=='/'||topp=='+'||topp=='-')
                {
                    pre=ele;
                    // 'pre' is the current (i) element in the infix expression.

pres=topp;
                    // 'pres' is the topmost element of the stack. 
                    chk=chkpres();
                    // Here I'm checking the precedence of the operators.

if(pre>pres)
                    {
                        topp=pre;
                        top++;
                    }
                    else if(pres>=pre)
                         pfx[i]=pres;
                }    
                else
                {
                    ele=ifx[i];
                    push(ele);
                }
                ++i;
            }

Well, I'm trying my level best to solve this hoping to come out with the appropriate result. Thank you very much for your patience.

Last edited by pludi; 03-17-2011 at 08:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very Urgent help required in Shell Program

How do I Ftp, and rename multiple files in one unix script. I have to send it with .tmp extension , then rename it to .txt after FTP is done . I need to do a Mass rename of more than 1 file in a shell script , Urgent help required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suppandi
1 Replies

3. SCO

memfs.fs I/O Error - urgent attention please

Hy guys, During installation of machine (Pentium x86, 64MB RAM), well during booting SCO UnixWARE 7.1.1 diskette 1/2 i get following error (after SCO logo) "memfs.fs: I/0 error or unexpected EOF" Bootstrap Command Processor ... _ Please advise! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: R@LE
2 Replies

4. AIX

URGENT:Program is not dropping core on customer AIX Machine

hi We have a program which is running on cutomer end,and when its crashing its not dropping core, we asked them to check ulimit,they say that its unlimited. Even when they crash the program manually by using command kill -ABRT <pid> its not dropping the core,on our end when we use same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

5. Solaris

[need help urgent]error cpu messages

hi sun experts, i have problem with my server sun fire v240, if i run application the server will restarting itself and i got some error messages like this: Mar 21 15:15:03 sun ^Mpanic/thread=2a10094bd40: Mar 21 15:15:04 sun unix: BAD TRAP: type=34 rp=2a10094b660 addr=30005566764... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Urgent---Program for getting Exception from a log

Hi Friends, I am new to Unix, Now I am Working with shell scripting in my company Description:-By executing that script I need to get the exception from the log file I need the program for getting the Exceptions from the logfile,,and that program should be generic...I mean if i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program Bash VERY URGENT

Hello I have to do a program in Bash, need help because it does not go out for me and go enough time with this!! Five directories(boards of directors) that more occupy, arranged according to size. To measure the size of every directory(board of directors) there must not be included the size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danihj
1 Replies

8. Programming

urgent help with file manipulation program

Hey, i am trying to write a program that takes multiple files as command line arguments, then outputs them to a single file. i also need the option to read them back out again. essentially what i am trying to create is an archiver, however, a very simple one. The program i have accomplished so far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wezzyb
1 Replies

9. Programming

Wrapper for unix program - urgent help needed

Hello all , i need some help asap i have a program that keeps killing the machine when i did google searches and 2 days later i ran strace it seems the programm keeps making a system call to gettimeofday to i guess increment a counter ? gettimeofday({1347986584, 464904}, NULL) = 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
6 Replies

10. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies
REGEX(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  REGEX(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - regular expression handler SYNOPSIS
char *re_comp(s) char *s; re_exec(s) char *s; DESCRIPTION
Re_comp compiles a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching. Re_exec checks the argument string against the last string passed to re_comp. Re_comp returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an error message is returned. If re_comp is passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression. Re_exec returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error). The strings passed to both re_comp and re_exec may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by nulls. The regular expressions recognized are described in the manual entry for ed(1), given the above difference. SEE ALSO
ed(1), ex(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Re_exec returns -1 for an internal error. Re_comp returns one of the following strings if an error occurs: No previous regular expression, Regular expression too long, unmatched (, missing ], too many () pairs, unmatched ). 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 REGEX(3)