Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Driver problem with Ubuntu 10.10 Post 302497877 by poonam.gaigole on Friday 18th of February 2011 10:17:11 AM
Old 02-18-2011
Driver problem with Ubuntu 10.10

I have a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 10.10 installed in it. The headphone driver is not supportive in my system but it works really well with other laptops like HP.
So my question is that does Ubuntu 10.10 in Dell does not work? Moreover, if i upgrade my system later with 11.04, will the problem still be there or 11.04 might support the headphone driver?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Which GFX driver version am I'm using under Ubuntu 7.04?

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 with a Gnome desktop. Following some instructions on the ATI site I think I just managed to install 8.36.5 of the drivers for my Radeon 9500, I'm getting a "Proprietary Drivers in use" warning icon at the top right of the screen, which I activated with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

istalling postgresql driver on ubuntu

Hello everybody i am working on ubuntu 9.4 and i want to connect from erlang program to postgresql database i download the driver for postgresql from Open Source Projects from Erlang Training and Consultng Ltd. then i try to setup this driver using make install and it didn't work, So can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham$
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a ppd driver for Minolta 3100 on CUPS/Ubuntu

Hello I have a Minolta QMS Magicolor 3100 printer. A driver is available (Minolta-magicolor_3100-Postscript.ppd) for Linux, installed using foomatic, but it does not work properly. The resolution is at it's lowest and a poor quality grainy print results. The printer works fine under Windows XP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwallum
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10, problem with attaching driver

Today I installed Solaris driver for my NIC card (downloaded from OpenSolaris site ) I`m using Solaris 10 x86 based PC ! When I installation was completed I saw a message "Warning driver successfully added to system bad failed to atach " , then i looked at /etc/drivers_aliases and saw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Is Ubuntu OS good? Do you need to install any driver after installing it?

I'm planning to install the Ubuntu OS on my laptop(currently has windows Vista), but I don't know if Ubuntu is good. Do you need to install any drivers for Ubuntu? Can I send stuff to my printer in Ubuntu? Is it compatible with my printer driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Centos 5.8 video driver problem

i have an older server from about 2001 i was given. i recently lost the OS drive on the system and dicided to go to linux instead of windows. i have tried open suse, centos and both do just about the same thing. they boot fine then they go into installing drivers it hits vidio driver then another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TUX servers
4 Replies

10. Debian

Problem with Wifi driver on Debian Jessie

Hi, I am Konrad , I am a new user of this forum. I am from Poland, so my English isn't good enough. So please be forgiving for me. I read about Bits club or something like that, So I don't know, that I am allowed to write here. But nevertheless I have faced with small problem with wifi driver on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kondziorek
4 Replies
BWI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BWI(4)

NAME
bwi -- Broadcom BCM430x/4318 IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
bwi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The bwi driver provides support for Broadcom BCM430x/4318 wireless network adapters. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). MIB Variables The following per-interface variables are implemented in the hw.bwiX branch of the sysctl(3) MIB. debug Debug flags. dwell_time Channel dwell time during scan (msec). fw_version Firmware version. led_idle Number of ticks before LED enters idle state. led_blink Allow LED to blink. txpwr_calib Enable software TX power calibration. HARDWARE
The following cards are among those supported by the bwi driver: Card Chip Bus Standard Buffalo WLI-PCI-G54S BCM4306 PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1370 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1470 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1400 BCM4309 Mini PCI b/g Dell Latitude D505 BCM4306 PCI b/g Apple AirPort Extreme b/g FILES
The firmware for the adapter is not shipped with NetBSD and must be obtained separately. An archive with firmware files that are known to work can be found at: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/bwi/v3.tbz The firmware files conventionally reside in /libdata/firmware/bwi and will be loaded when the interface is brought up. Note: the v3 subdi- rectory in the above firmware archive should exist in the firmware folder. The full list of paths checked for firmware can be found in the hw.firmware.path sysctl(3) node. SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8), sysctl(8), wiconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The bwi driver first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The bwi driver was written by Sepherosa Ziehau for Dragonfly BSD. It was ported to NetBSD by Taylor R. Campbell <campbell@mumble.net>. The hardware specification was reverse engineered by the people at http://bcm-specs.sipsolutions.net. Thanks go also to johill and mb on the #bcm-specs channel. BUGS
BCM4306 and BCM4309 chips do not work properly on channel 1, 2, and 3. The NetBSD driver does not yet support cardbus devices. BSD
March 24, 2009 BSD