Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for file and size subdirectory as well Post 302493739 by lio123 on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 02:32:12 PM
Old 02-03-2011
Thank you,I want to check for single file and size in sertain subdirectory and directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate file's size in directory and subdirectory

Hi, I have written one script to calculate total space of all file in one directory, ignoring subdirectory, it works fine. Now, I've been trying to calculate all files which includes files in any subdirectories. I use recursive function to do this, but it can work only if there is only one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KLL
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search through subfolders and move them into separate folder on the base of file size

Hello guys I am sure that you will help me on this issue as you did earlier::) Scenario : I have a folder named "XYZ". It consist many sub-folders and subfolder contain severals files. there may be abc.dat in each subfolder. Now i want to seperate subfolders on follwing conditions- if abc.dat... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: infiant
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Search for big file size only in root fs

Hi all, I'm working on Solaris and quite often I receive the alert message of file system at 90%. I'd like to find which files caused this happens (at least the biggest files) with the following command: find . -size +10000000c -exec ls -larth {} \; This looks for every file in every fs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search text in files within the subdirectory

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script to search for a pattern in the directory and show only one entry for each field, essentially I am looking to search for a pattern in a file and list that file name. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files of specific size excluding search in a subdirectory

Hi All, I was exploring find command and came across -prune option which would exclude search in a mention subdirectory. My quesry is to search all files more that 100 MB size but exclude search in a subdirectory. I am using below command,but somehow it is not working. Can anybody help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of file size in directory / subdirectory

Hi , I am trying to write something to find the size of particular type of files in a directory & it's subdirectory and sum the size .. These types of file are found at directory level or its subdirectories level .. #!/bin/ksh FNAME='.pdf' S_PATH=/abc/def/xyz find $S_PATH -exec ls -lad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for specific file type in subdirectory with multiple folders

I have a directory that is in the below order (the --- is not part of the directory tree, only there to help illustrate: DATE --- main level Folder1 --- level under DATE plugin_out --- level under Folder1 variantCaller_out.40 --- level under plugin_out 001,002,003 --- level under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reducing input file size after pattern search

I have a very large file with millions of entries identified by @M. I am using the following script to "extract" entries based on specific strings/patterns: #!/bin/bash if ] then file=$1 else echo "Input_file passed as an argument $1 is NOT found." exit; fi MID=(NULL "string-1"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort the files by size and based subdirectory un UNIX?

I have the below input data in a file and need to get the output as mentioned below. Need to sort the data by size(Asc/des)/by subdirectory Below is the input which is there in a file: 120 /root/path2/part-00000-d3700305-428d-4b13-8161-42051f4ac5ed-c000.json 532 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajarramuk
3 Replies
runsvdir(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  runsvdir(8)

NAME
runsvdir - starts and monitors a collection of runsv(8) processes SYNOPSIS
runsvdir [-P] dir [ log ] DESCRIPTION
dir must be a directory. log is a space holder for a readproctitle log, and must be at least seven characters long or absent. runsvdir starts a runsv(8) process for each subdirectory, or symlink to a directory, in the services directory dir, up to a limit of 1000 subdirectories, and restarts a runsv(8) process if it terminates. runsvdir skips subdirectory names starting with dots. runsv(8) must be in runsvdir's PATH. At least every five seconds runsvdir checks whether the time of last modification, the inode, or the device, of the services directory dir has changed. If so, it re-scans the service directory, and if it sees a new subdirectory, or new symlink to a directory, in dir, it starts a new runsv(8) process; if runsvdir sees a subdirectory being removed that was previously there, it sends the corresponding runsv(8) process a TERM signal, stops monitoring this process, and so does not restart the runsv(8) process if it exits. If the log argument is given to runsvdir, all output to standard error is redirected to this log, which is similar to the daemontools' readproctitle log. To see the most recent error messages, use a process-listing tool such as ps(1). runsvdir writes a dot to the read- proctitle log every 15 minutes so that old error messages expire. OPTIONS
-P use setsid(2) to run each runsv(8) process in a new session and separate process group. SIGNALS
If runsvdir receives a TERM signal, it exits with 0 immediately. If runsvdir receives a HUP signal, it sends a TERM signal to each runsv(8) process it is monitoring and then exits with 111. SEE ALSO
sv(8), runsv(8), runsvchdir(8), runit(8), runit-init(8), chpst(8), svlogd(8), utmpset(8), setsid(2) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runsvdir(8)