Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: loop for pmap -x
Operating Systems Solaris loop for pmap -x Post 302493569 by kvok on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 05:54:52 AM
Old 02-03-2011
loop for pmap -x

I would to create a command /script where I want lauch pmap -x pid for each procces which is launched on server , and I don't know how to write a loop where it would be included .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Core Dump Analysis Using PStack and PMAP

Hello, I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a core dump that I need to analyze from a Unix box and I've never done this sort of thing before. I was told to run a pmap and pstack on the core file which provided two different output files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimblebee
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop all process ids and take pmap

Hi all, I need a script that will loop around all the current processes and take a pmap -x <process id> and output each pmap to a separate file. Would anyone have a quick command to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

pmap -d ldap-process-id

Hi All, Is the command above dangerous to run on the ldap environment? Thanks for any comments you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

analyse core file using pmap and pstack

Dear All, I am new to this forum. This is my first. I am facing customer issue. Customer has got core file while running the server. He had sent core file and details from pstack, pmap and pldd commands. I have to debug this application, please help me to fix this issue. I am using sparc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranBangalore
1 Replies

6. Solaris

analyse core file using pmap and pstack

Dear All, I am new to this forum. This is my first. I am facing customer issue. Customer has got core file while running the server. He had sent core file and details from pstack, pmap and pldd commands. I have to debug this application, please help me to fix this issue. I am using sparc 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranBangalore
4 Replies

7. Solaris

RSS pmap and prstat

Hi, I have some question about memory in Solaris. How it's possible that prstat -a show me that some process using 230M RSS and when I'm using pmap -x show me that this same process using only 90M RSS ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deivo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
PMAP(9) 						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						   PMAP(9)

NAME
pmap -- machine-dependent portion of virtual memory subsystem SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <vm/vm.h> #include <vm/pmap.h> DESCRIPTION
The pmap module is the machine-dependent portion of the FreeBSD VM (Virtual Memory) sub-system. Each function documented herein must have its own architecture-dependent implementation. The pmap module is responsible for managing hardware-dependent objects such as page tables, address maps, TLBs, etc. Machine-dependent code must provide the header file <machine/pmap.h>. This file contains the definition of the pmap structure: struct pmap { /* Contents defined by pmap implementation. */ }; typedef struct pmap *pmap_t; This header file may also define other data structures used by the pmap implementation. The header file <vm/pmap.h> defines a structure for tracking pmap statistics (see below). This structure is defined as: struct pmap_statistics { long resident_count; /* number of mapped pages */ long wired_count; /* number of wired pages */ }; The implementation's struct pmap must contain an instance of this structure having the name pm_stats, and it must be updated by the implemen- tation after each relevant pmap operation. SEE ALSO
pmap(9), pmap_activate(9), pmap_clear_modify(9), pmap_copy(9), pmap_copy_page(9), pmap_enter(9), pmap_extract(9), pmap_extract_and_hold(9), pmap_growkernel(9), pmap_init(9), pmap_init2(9), pmap_is_modified(9), pmap_is_prefaultable(9), pmap_map(9), pmap_mincore(9), pmap_object_init_pt(9), pmap_page_exists_quick(9), pmap_page_init(9), pmap_pinit(9), pmap_pinit0(9), pmap_pinit2(9), pmap_protect(9), pmap_qenter(9), pmap_qremove(9), pmap_release(9), pmap_remove(9), pmap_remove_all(9), pmap_remove_pages(9), pmap_resident_count(9), pmap_ts_referenced(9), pmap_unwire(9), pmap_wired_count(9), pmap_zero_area(9), pmap_zero_idle(9), pmap_zero_page(9), vm_map(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>. BSD
August 3, 2014 BSD