Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help writing pci firmware
Top Forums Programming help writing pci firmware Post 302490389 by citaylor on Monday 24th of January 2011 05:16:56 PM
Old 01-24-2011
Could you give us an idea of what O/S this PCI driver will run under ? Most O/S are completely different when writing drivers, so it is difficult to know where to point you without this info.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

WLAN PCI Cards

Hi! I just wanted to know what network cards are supported in FreeBSD. I have looked at the list of supported cards but I can't find any of them in the stores. Is the list not updated, I would really preciate info about where (in EU, Sweden) I can buy them. /Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barfly.se
2 Replies

2. Solaris

rs232 pci-card

hello mates, do you know a manufactor for rs232 serial pci cards for the sparc architecture? it seems that there is no original product from sun for that purpose. strange, isn't it? problem is that i have a V250 with only one db9 rs232 serial port, and i need it for a modem connection, but i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Pci Id

How do I get the PCI ID for my Realtek adapter? It's a Solaris x86 installation. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad pci slot?

Hi, im having a problem installing my pci wireless card. Im using knoppix, but my problem is with the mobo i think. im using an older laptop, toshiba satellite 2540 and when i plug in the card i get lights on sometimes. this means its getting power right. so then to install the card into the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestra
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to look for open pci slots

I'm looking for open PCI slots in our array of sun boxes. I need help on how to distinguish if there's an open slot or not using prtdiag and prtconf. Is there a better tool for this? TIA. Here's my prtdiag -v | grep pci: pci 66 PCI5 SUNW,qlc-pci1077,2312 (scsi-+ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: revzalot
9 Replies

6. Linux

PCI Card recognized

I installed PCI Card HP SC44Ge - SAS1068E on my linux CentOS 5.4 is there a way to find out if the PCI is properly installed and recognized by linux. lspci is enough? just to add that PCI card is connected to a tape... also how can I find out driver and firmware version? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. Solaris

available PCI slots on v440

How do I find any available PCI slots on a v440? When I run prtconf, I get the following output? But I am not able to make out whether all the PCI slots are used. ================================= IO Devices ================================= Bus Freq Brd Type MHz Slot ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
1 Replies

8. Slackware

converting mouse to pci

Need to free up a usb port for webcam. What does xorg.conf look like in order to work if I move mouse to PCI port via a converter plug? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slak0
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Lspci: PCI Devices?

hey everyone, just a general question. I did an lspci on my home computer, and it got me thinking... When I hear pci..I think of the physical slots on your motherboard. usually beige in color.. But the list returned to me is of atleast 20 items. None of which, (besides the graphics card) is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

10. Hardware

Could USB ever take over PCI

Internally speaking, for your motherboard bus. Would it be possible for a usb standard to be used in place of the PCI or PCIe bus that is now nearly standard on all PC's? If not, why wouldn't this work? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
8 Replies
BWI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BWI(4)

NAME
bwi -- Broadcom BCM430x/4318 IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
bwi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The bwi driver provides support for Broadcom BCM430x/4318 wireless network adapters. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). MIB Variables The following per-interface variables are implemented in the hw.bwiX branch of the sysctl(3) MIB. debug Debug flags. dwell_time Channel dwell time during scan (msec). fw_version Firmware version. led_idle Number of ticks before LED enters idle state. led_blink Allow LED to blink. txpwr_calib Enable software TX power calibration. HARDWARE
The following cards are among those supported by the bwi driver: Card Chip Bus Standard Buffalo WLI-PCI-G54S BCM4306 PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1370 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1470 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1400 BCM4309 Mini PCI b/g Dell Latitude D505 BCM4306 PCI b/g Apple AirPort Extreme b/g FILES
The firmware for the adapter is not shipped with NetBSD and must be obtained separately. An archive with firmware files that are known to work can be found at: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/bwi/v3.tbz The firmware files conventionally reside in /libdata/firmware/bwi and will be loaded when the interface is brought up. Note: the v3 subdi- rectory in the above firmware archive should exist in the firmware folder. The full list of paths checked for firmware can be found in the hw.firmware.path sysctl(3) node. SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8), sysctl(8), wiconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The bwi driver first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The bwi driver was written by Sepherosa Ziehau for Dragonfly BSD. It was ported to NetBSD by Taylor R. Campbell <campbell@mumble.net>. The hardware specification was reverse engineered by the people at http://bcm-specs.sipsolutions.net. Thanks go also to johill and mb on the #bcm-specs channel. BUGS
BCM4306 and BCM4309 chips do not work properly on channel 1, 2, and 3. The NetBSD driver does not yet support cardbus devices. BSD
March 24, 2009 BSD