Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 2.6TB filesystem to be copied or moved to another FS ? Post 302483523 by homeyjoe on Monday 27th of December 2010 02:42:32 PM
Old 12-27-2010
cplv

Since I made a new LV with my naming scheme, and not letting AIX create a generic-named LV, I had to set the type to 'copy' (per the cplv error code that you saw).
When you do a 'lsvg -l VGname' you will see that it's a 'copy' type instead of the usual jfs, jfs2, paging, etc. Once the cplv command is complete then the LV will be listed as jfs/jfs2 instead of copy.

Happy AIX-ing!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Check copied file

Hi all, If i wanted to copy file within different folders or different servers, how do i determine the copied file is absolutely correct :confused: Is it using cmp and chksum command enough? Anyway that i can make further checking? Thanks in advance for reading & anyone who reply the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sudo scp -r – can't get everything copied though

I want to copy a folder and all its contents of ~700GB from a computer to another. I've tried sudo scp -r directory/ admin@host:directory but the result is that the copied folder is about 2GBs smaller than the original. I checked the shell for errors and found some "file doesn't exist" errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
logredo(8)						 JFS utility - replay journal log						logredo(8)

NAME
logredo - "replay" a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
logredo device DESCRIPTION
logredo applies all committed transactions recorded in the JFS journal log since the most recent synch point. Its goal is to put the JFS file system in the state it would have been in if all transactions had been applied, in order, by the JFS file system itself. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device on which the journal log will be replayed (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). logredo must be run as root. WARNING
logredo is called from within fsck.jfs, and is not recommended to be run as a stand-alone utility unless completely necessary, and only by advanced users with a clear understanding of journaling in a file system. BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or logredo, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://oss.software.ibm.com/jfs Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any logredo error messages and the complete output of running fsck.jfs with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
xchklog(8), xchkdmp(8), mkfs.jfs(8), fsck.jfs(8), logdump(8), xpeek(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. logredo is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://oss.software.ibm.com/jfs October 10, 2001 logredo(8)