Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Receiving JPEG packet from camera Post 302482055 by photon on Monday 20th of December 2010 01:25:00 PM
Old 12-20-2010
I don't have documentation that is the problem and I am forced to try and understand how to get this JPEG image correct.

Documentation does say image size is

Code:
0xNNMMZZYY - Image Size 32 bits

The data for example gives me:
NN=0
MM=0
ZZ=10
YY=64

I know how many data bytes total from the formula I calulated.
((zz - 1) * 259) + 256 + YY = DataSize for individual packets

Don't know what the formula means, but it works, so I tried to append
the bytes one by one, but got a fuzzy image and I know the camera works
because the older pascal code works and uses a Blockwrite function:
Code:
 Blockwrite(MyFileHandle, byte, 1, BytesRead);

which writes byte by byte in a loop, similar to the way I first explained and tried to emulate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Jpeg to useable Unix Pics

I'm running a Sunblade 1500 with 2 XVR-100 video cards. I have Xinerama runing as well. Desktop is CDE. Can someone help me in converting Jpeg pictures so that I can use them as backdrops? Is there a way to make the picture come on both monitors instead of streaching it across both? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSTheDuck
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jpeg viewer on SunOS 5.8

I was wondering what program can i use instead of mozilla to view a picture on a sun solaris system running SunOS 5.8. To view a pic i'm currently doing it this way: xterm -sb -fn screen-bold -g 60x30+0-0 -title '%s window - pls quit window upon completion ' -e mozilla file:///usr/sailing.JPG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I view a jpeg?

I use gv or ggv to view a .pdf, or .ps file. What will allow me to see a jpeg file? If it matters, I'm using xterm on a PowerBook G4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem Receiving the first OSPF packet

I trying to send and receive OSPF packets. I am using RAW Sockets(socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_OSPF)) to do this. I am successfully able to send an OSPF Hello packet however I am not able to receive a OSPF packet if I have not sent an OSPF packet earlier on the RAW SOCKET. Scenario: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

problem with camera ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera Ubuntu

Hi to all Like in the subject, i got the problem with camera ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera under Ubuntu. When i plug in camera to USB, Ubuntu put in sn9c102 module, but on this site Linux Kernel Driver Database: CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_SONIXJ: SONIX JPEG USB Camera Driver is information that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0z4rt
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to insert JPEG on each side of the cube using openGL in C

Hi, how to insert JPEG on each side of the cube using OpenGL in C language.. i have a program for cube.. guide me ,,, any answer will valuable.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile to convert .jpeg to .png thumnails

Hello! I'm desperately trying to write a makefile that converts and scales jpeg files to png files in subdirectories I want to use netpbm, so I just need the commands: anytopnm pnmscale pnmtopng For various reasons i want to use a makefile. This is the first time i use the make tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henningbaer
1 Replies

8. Programming

Receiving broadcast packets using packet socket

Hello I try to send DHCP RENEW packets to the network and receive the responses. I broadcast the packet and I can see that it's successfully sent using Wireshark. But I have difficulties receiving the responses.I use packet sockets to catch the packets. I can see that there are responses to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming jpeg files

Hi guys im currently trying to write a script which includes rename files and this is the part where i fail i have a list of files eg and i want to rename them so any help really would be appreciated Cheers dunryc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
7 Replies

10. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
JPEGICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWlcms | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for LCMS is available on http://opensolaris.org. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)