Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Receiving JPEG packet from camera Post 302482055 by photon on Monday 20th of December 2010 01:25:00 PM
Old 12-20-2010
I don't have documentation that is the problem and I am forced to try and understand how to get this JPEG image correct.

Documentation does say image size is

Code:
0xNNMMZZYY - Image Size 32 bits

The data for example gives me:
NN=0
MM=0
ZZ=10
YY=64

I know how many data bytes total from the formula I calulated.
((zz - 1) * 259) + 256 + YY = DataSize for individual packets

Don't know what the formula means, but it works, so I tried to append
the bytes one by one, but got a fuzzy image and I know the camera works
because the older pascal code works and uses a Blockwrite function:
Code:
 Blockwrite(MyFileHandle, byte, 1, BytesRead);

which writes byte by byte in a loop, similar to the way I first explained and tried to emulate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Jpeg to useable Unix Pics

I'm running a Sunblade 1500 with 2 XVR-100 video cards. I have Xinerama runing as well. Desktop is CDE. Can someone help me in converting Jpeg pictures so that I can use them as backdrops? Is there a way to make the picture come on both monitors instead of streaching it across both? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSTheDuck
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jpeg viewer on SunOS 5.8

I was wondering what program can i use instead of mozilla to view a picture on a sun solaris system running SunOS 5.8. To view a pic i'm currently doing it this way: xterm -sb -fn screen-bold -g 60x30+0-0 -title '%s window - pls quit window upon completion ' -e mozilla file:///usr/sailing.JPG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I view a jpeg?

I use gv or ggv to view a .pdf, or .ps file. What will allow me to see a jpeg file? If it matters, I'm using xterm on a PowerBook G4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem Receiving the first OSPF packet

I trying to send and receive OSPF packets. I am using RAW Sockets(socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_OSPF)) to do this. I am successfully able to send an OSPF Hello packet however I am not able to receive a OSPF packet if I have not sent an OSPF packet earlier on the RAW SOCKET. Scenario: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

problem with camera ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera Ubuntu

Hi to all Like in the subject, i got the problem with camera ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera under Ubuntu. When i plug in camera to USB, Ubuntu put in sn9c102 module, but on this site Linux Kernel Driver Database: CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_SONIXJ: SONIX JPEG USB Camera Driver is information that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0z4rt
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to insert JPEG on each side of the cube using openGL in C

Hi, how to insert JPEG on each side of the cube using OpenGL in C language.. i have a program for cube.. guide me ,,, any answer will valuable.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile to convert .jpeg to .png thumnails

Hello! I'm desperately trying to write a makefile that converts and scales jpeg files to png files in subdirectories I want to use netpbm, so I just need the commands: anytopnm pnmscale pnmtopng For various reasons i want to use a makefile. This is the first time i use the make tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henningbaer
1 Replies

8. Programming

Receiving broadcast packets using packet socket

Hello I try to send DHCP RENEW packets to the network and receive the responses. I broadcast the packet and I can see that it's successfully sent using Wireshark. But I have difficulties receiving the responses.I use packet sockets to catch the packets. I can see that there are responses to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming jpeg files

Hi guys im currently trying to write a script which includes rename files and this is the part where i fail i have a list of files eg and i want to rename them so any help really would be appreciated Cheers dunryc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
7 Replies

10. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
GB18030(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							GB18030(5)

NAME
gb18030 -- GB 18030 encoding method for Chinese text SYNOPSIS
ENCODING "GB18030" DESCRIPTION
The GB18030 encoding implements GB 18030-2000, a PRC national standard for the encoding of Chinese characters. It is a superset of the older GB 2312-1980 and GBK encodings, and incorporates Unicode's Unihan Extension A completely. It also provides code space for all Unicode 3.0 code points. Multibyte characters in the GB18030 encoding can be one byte, two bytes, or four bytes long. There are a total of over 1.5 million code positions. GB 11383-1981 (ASCII) characters are represented by single bytes in the range 0x00 to 0x7F. Chinese characters are represented as either two bytes or four bytes. Characters that are represented by two bytes begin with a byte in the range 0x81-0xFE and end with a byte either in the range 0x40-0x7E or 0x80-0xFE. Characters that are represented by four bytes begin with a byte in the range 0x81-0xFE, have a second byte in the range 0x30-0x39, a third byte in the range 0x81-0xFE and a fourth byte in the range 0x30-0x39. SEE ALSO
euc(5), gb2312(5), gbk(5), utf8(5) Chinese National Standard GB 18030-2000: Information Technology -- Chinese ideograms coded character set for information interchange -- Extension for the basic set, March 2000. The Unicode Standard, Version 3.0, The Unicode Consortium, 2000. STANDARDS
The GB18030 encoding is believed to be compatible with GB 18030-2000. BSD
August 10, 2003 BSD