Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find *.tar files under all subdirectories Post 302477135 by skcvasanth on Friday 3rd of December 2010 10:31:37 AM
Old 12-03-2010
Find *.tar files under all subdirectories

Hi there,

I'm new to shell scripting...
I've a situation like to find *.tar files under all subdirectories in "/home/abcd" and i used the below,

Code:
find /opt/lhapp ! -name "temp" | more

the above works fine.. Now don't need search few direcotries like "/home/abcd/aaaa", "/home/abcd/bbbb", "/home/abcd/cccc". So i need to exclude these directories. How??? any ideas???

Thanks in advance!
Vasanth.

Last edited by radoulov; 12-03-2010 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar subdirectories for specific files

I have a sample directory structire like following # pwd /user/test and I have files like following out.txt A/a.txt B/b.txt C/c.txt (A,B,C are directories ) # tar cvf test.tar * a A/a.txt 1 blocks a B/b.txt 1 blocks a C/c.txt 1 blocks a out.txt 1 blocks But whenever I give (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files created by a specified user in a directory and its subdirectories

Is there a command or shell script which can be used for Finding all files created by a specified userid in a directory and its subdirectories. Say, I want to find all such files in directory /abc as well as in all the subdirectories such as /abc/xyz or /abc/xyz/pqr aqnd so on which was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell:Find a word in files in a directory and subdirectories

I'm looking to write a ksh code with will be alble to find a word like 'toto' in all files going from my current directory. eg. /doc ----------->have: text.c which "toto" /doc/usr-------->have: build.pc, help.java which "toto" /doc/usr/cach -->have: test.sh which "toto" /doc/build... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files ignoring subdirectories

Hi guys, I am searching some files not equal to the pattern with this command find ! -name "PATTERN" -type f but my problem is the find command because he also search inside subdirectories and that's the thing i don't want that. Is there any comand to ignore the directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Files in a Directory Excluding Subdirectories

Hi, I have a filename Location.txt in a directory /abc. Similar name file is present in its subdirectory /abc/xyz. I want to find the file which is present only in /abc and not in /abc/xyz. Please any1 of u can provide a quick suggestion. Its very urgent. Thanks, Amol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol_Dicholkar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to parse a directory and its subdirectories and find owner name of files

hi all, i need to capture all the files in a directory and its subdirectories that have owner name different than the root owner. for one file it is " stat -c %U filename " but i need to search for each and every file and record it. thanks in advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyasa
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files only inside the subdirectories only?

Hi I have a directory with two subdirectories and also have a code like below to search files modified in last 2 minutes. # ls hello080909.txt inbox outbox # find . -type f -mmin +2 ./inbox/hello2080909.txt ./outbox/hi0080909.txt ./hello080909.txt The above code just searches and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files only in current directory...not subdirectories

Hi, I have to find files only in the current directory...not in the sub directories. But when I use Find command ... it searches all the files in the current directory as well as in the subdirectories. I am using AIX-UNIX machine.Please help..I tried to use maxdepth..but it is not working in AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search subdirectories and find and print total files

Hi All, I have a folder name lets say path/to/folder/CUSTOMER and under this i have several folders and each of these subfolder have serveral subfolders and so on and at some point i will have a folder name called "FTP_FILES" . I need to search for these folders named "FTP_FILES and then... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
10 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), http://libguestfs.org/. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Red Hat Inc. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. BUGS
To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools When reporting a bug, please supply: o The version of libguestfs. o Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc) o Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it. o Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report. libguestfs-1.22.6 2013-08-24 virt-tar-out(1)