Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming creating a message queue using mq_open Post 302470734 by parusasi on Thursday 11th of November 2010 02:44:24 AM
Old 11-11-2010
Hi Loic,
Thanks for your help. i am calling the method as below
Code:
mq_open( "/iothreadNewTest", oflags,(S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR),NULL)

So in this case can it be because of that?

Last edited by Scott; 11-15-2010 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

error mq_open message queue

Hello, J work on a HP. I want to create message queue by using mq_open with this parameters: mq_open(p,O_CREAT|O_WRONLY|O_EXCL|0_NONBLOCK,0600,&queue_attr) with p char and the function returns the value -1 and errno equal 2. can you help me ? Thank. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
3 Replies

3. Programming

Message Queue with fork() help

hi all... ive been trying this program where i spawn 4 threads... and i am trying to use message queue to send msgs from 3 of the threads to the parent thread... but it doent seem to be working... ive almost pulled out my hair tryin to fix the prob :confused: another wierd thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

4. Programming

message queue

Hello, i need to write a message queue "chat server", that should work only localy. Can anyone please help me with some ideas and peshaps code. I'm studying the UNIX IPC mechanisms right now. So far, i understand how it works but i still cannot get an idea how to write a chat programm... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etenv
2 Replies

5. Programming

URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction??

hello, I had to implement a message queue application....between 30 processes...... all 30 proceses are getting data from serial port.... And here is THE FLOW::::::::1 connector process...which is linked with message queue to all the 30 applications. Processes get the data from serial port and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

6. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

7. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Message Queue in Linux

Hello How can I see the created message queues in the system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
4 Replies

9. Programming

Permission denied when creating message queue

Hi guys. i have wrote a simple program to test message queue attributes. here it is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <mqueue.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #include <sys/stat.h> int main() { struct mq_attr attr; mqd_t mqd; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

10. Programming

POSIX message queue mq_open directory

hello, I try to test the POSIX mq_open function on book unp like below: #include "unpipc.h" # include <mqueue.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { int c, flags; mqd_t mqd; flags = O_RDWR | O_CREAT; while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "e")) != -1) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anpufeng
3 Replies
UMASK(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  UMASK(2)

NAME
umask - set file mode creation mask SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> mode_t umask(mode_t mask); DESCRIPTION
umask() sets the calling process's file mode creation mask (umask) to mask & 0777 (i.e., only the file permission bits of mask are used), and returns the previous value of the mask. The umask is used by open(2), mkdir(2), and other system calls that create files to modify the permissions placed on newly created files or directories. Specifically, permissions in the umask are turned off from the mode argument to open(2) and mkdir(2). The constants that should be used to specify mask are described under stat(2). The typical default value for the process umask is S_IWGRP | S_IWOTH (octal 022). In the usual case where the mode argument to open(2) is specified as: S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IWGRP | S_IROTH | S_IWOTH (octal 0666) when creating a new file, the permissions on the resulting file will be: S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IROTH (because 0666 & ~022 = 0644; i.e., rw-r--r--). RETURN VALUE
This system call always succeeds and the previous value of the mask is returned. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
A child process created via fork(2) inherits its parent's umask. The umask is left unchanged by execve(2). The umask setting also affects the permissions assigned to POSIX IPC objects (mq_open(3), sem_open(3), shm_open(3)), FIFOs (mkfifo(3)), and Unix domain sockets (unix(7)) created by the process. The umask does not affect the permissions assigned to System V IPC objects created by the process (using msgget(2), semget(2), shmget(2)). SEE ALSO
chmod(2), mkdir(2), open(2), stat(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-01-09 UMASK(2)