Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK: Parse lvdisplay
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK: Parse lvdisplay Post 302466245 by malcomex999 on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 03:56:15 AM
Old 10-26-2010
Try...
Code:

awk '$1~/^\/dev\/dsk/{print $1}'

This User Gave Thanks to malcomex999 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

lov4 stale found in lvdisplay

hi All I have one RP 3410 server with hp-ux 11.23 mirror disk it's lvdislay -v /dev/vg00/lvol4 shows stale in some location Actual is current pls help me to resolve the probem I have check with lvsync command and vgsync but not working re Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshtt32
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK unable to parse

awk -v new=" " ' substr($0, 17, 3) == "ABC" && substr($0, 52, 8) == "00000000" { tr=substr($0, 20, 10); ap=substr($0, 30, 2); ver=substr($0, 32, 2); irver=substr($0, 34, 2); ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: COD
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse string with awk

Hi Guys, I spend half a day getting this to work with no luck, perhaps you guys can help.. I have a string from a file looking like this: module::name=test::type=generic_data::exec=snmpget.......::desc=A Little Test::interval=300 what I would like to split it, so I get a value for each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyber
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to parse a directory name?

Hi, I have a directory file name: /auto/space/user/jen/CED/CED_01MZ/visit1/DCE_2eco/016/echo1 I would like to just get the following outputs into variables such that: variable1 = /auto/space/user/jen/CED/CED_01MZ/visit1/ and variable2 = DCE_2eco/016/echo1 I've tried it with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file with awk?

Hi guys (and gals). I need some help. I'm running an IVR purely on Asterisk where I capture the DTMFs. After pulsing each DTMF I have Asterisk write to a file with whatever was dialed (mostly used for record-keeping) and at the end of the survey I write all variables in a single line to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulf210
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input -AWK

Input File Defined configuration: cfg: CLL_DCC_Fabric_A BTS00P21; BAU_AP00P01QC; BAU_LGSCNJP02; BAU_TS00P20; BAU_DSMSM14; BAU_HT00P02; BAU_DSMSM13; BAU_HT00P01; cfg: CX0014_list BAU_TS00P20; BAU_NYP_PRODIAD1_CJ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse df output

Output of the below code includes unmatched date.Please correct it df -k|awk '$4>50 {print $1, "\t"$4,"\t" $7}' It gives output less than 50% also. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to Parse File

Hi all, I have a file that contains a good hundred of these job definitions below: Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ________________________________________________________________ ____________________... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticuss
7 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--maps] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [Logi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. lvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). lvs is recommended over lvdisplay. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. lvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in sectors * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -m, --maps Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume. If snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVDISPLAY(8)