Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris DVD Solaris System Not able to Mount and Boot Post 302455386 by Paris Heng on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 01:50:01 PM
Old 09-21-2010
DVD Solaris System Not able to Mount and Boot

Hi,

I have a .ISO file of Solaris system burned into a DVD+ROM, and I encounter the following problems,

I am using Sun V440 server,

(1) Not able to detect the DVD contents under /cdrom.

(2) After reboot with this bootable DVD, I get the following errors,

Somebody please assist.

---------- Post updated at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:13 AM ----------

It is V440 DVD reader too old? It not able to read any of the burned DVD RWs?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Mount a DVD

Hi:- I am trying to mount a DVD using SMIT on an AIX server but getting the following error: "mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: The media is not formatted or the format is not correct." Please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janet
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with Solaris system on x86. It would not boot again after updates.

Hi All, I have an x86 system which I have just installed Solaris 10 on, I intend to use this as a database server for Oracle, I tried to patch the server with the latest updates from SUN in preparation for the Oracle installation as I wanted to make sure that I was running the latest patches. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All, I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. :( Any idea please. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afakhim
4 Replies

4. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8, you boot the system but does not have anything on the screen (not started)

Greetings to all. I have two computers, Sun Blade 150. the first, had the Solaris 8 system, and that system needed to clone the "second" to start it with the same settings. Use a program to clone the drive, and then have cloned, had the error: Can't read disk label. Can't open disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliz-58
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot Solaris 10 U1 for x86 from DVD

Is it possible to boot an existing Solaris 10 update 1 from boot dvd that I run on p3(1 ghz -512 mb ram). I have got a dual boot sys - the other os is win xp that I need to reinstall but that removes the mbr so, is there any way to recover mbr after the installation of xp? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
3 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)