Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is -mtime 0 in find command? Post 302442448 by ygemici on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 08:51:56 AM
Old 08-04-2010
list files and dir which changed modification time only in last 24 hours

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find . -mtime

...what am i doing wrong?? I need to find all files older than 30 days and delete but I can't get it to pull details for ANY + times. The file below has a time stamp which is older than 1 day, however if I try and select it using any of the -time flags it just doesn't see it. (the same thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat8
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with find and mtime

I am using HP-UNIX , The below command doesnt display anything although i have changed a file in the directory by toutch -t 200010101800 nfile find /tmp/transfer/ -name "*.*" -mtime +1 Any problrm with the find command i written . .Please help ??.. Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with find command when used with mtime

All, Please find the below comand . I am trying to list the file that has not been accesed is past 14 days . But when you look at the display the directory "crecv1" which has date as today is displayed .. Why it is happening . I send this code instead of ls -ltr as rm -f -r in production... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find + prune + mtime

Hi, i try to catch all files in a dir ,without going down in subdir , which don't have file extension and older than 10 days for example: my dir : drwxr-xr-x 7 notes01 notes 4096 Mar 8 14:11 . drwxr-xr-x 116 root system 4096 Mar 9 11:17 .. -rw-r----- 1 notes01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on find -mtime -exec

Hello people. Part of my script: echo "Compressing files older than 2 months in ${TEMP_DIR} directory ..." find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.dat' -mtime 61 -exec compress {} \; #BELOW COMMAND DOES NOT WORK :-( <<<<<<----------- find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.o.lines.*' -mtime 61 -exec compress {}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - find command with mtime

Hello experts, I would get from a list of files, which are more ancient than 1 hour. Examples: Current date: Wed Oct 28 16:10:02 SAT 2015 using: find path -name 'file_name. *' -mtime +0 I see files with less at 00:00:00 date of the current day. /path/file_name.20151027170725... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlino70
7 Replies
RANLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RANLIB(1)

NAME
ranlib - table-of-contents for archive libraries SYNOPSIS
ranlib [-t] file ... DESCRIPTION
Ranlib creates a table of external references for archive libraries, normally used by the loader, ld(1). This table is is named ``__.SYMDEF'' and is prepended to the archive. Files in the archive which are not executable and symbols which are uninteresting to the loader are ignored. The options are as follows: -t Set the modification time of the __.SYMDEF file. This time is compared by the loader with the modification time of the archive to verify that the table is up-to-date with respect to the archive. If the modification time has been changed without any change to the archive (for example, by a cp(1)), the -t option can be used to ``touch'' the modification time so that it appears that the ta- ble is up-to-date. FILES
/tmp default temporary file directory ranlib.XXXXXX temporary file names SEE ALSO
ar(1), ld(1), lorder(1), nm(1), ranlib(5) HISTORY
A ranlib command appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. 4.3 Berkeley Distribution May 9, 1991 RANLIB(1)