Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mirroring rootvg
Operating Systems AIX mirroring rootvg Post 302440590 by shockneck on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 04:16:23 PM
Old 07-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by plyl
[...]And after all those steps, you'd better
reboot to disable quorum checking on rootvg. The mirrorvg turns off quorum by default, but the system needs to be rebooted for it to take effect.
Not necessary from 5.3 TL7 / 6.1 on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

rootvg mirroring query

Hi, I am having query regarding rootvg mirroring, How to find out that rootvg is mirrored? Regards Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. AIX

how can i remove and rebuild the mirroring for rootvg

how can i remove and rebuild the mirroring for rootvg before applying any patches on the system . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. AIX

stop and start the mirroring on rootvg !

How to can I stop and start the mirroring on rootvg How to can I know if the mirroring enabled or disabled in the rootvg Please explain and advice! P690_root/>lspv hdisk0------- 00c52c221cf77869---------------------rootvg------- active hdisk1-------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris rootvg backup

Guy's how can we take rootvg bakup in soraris .. Please let me know the command Pls advice . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
5 Replies

9. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
lvmpvg(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 lvmpvg(4)

NAME
lvmpvg - LVM physical volume group information file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is an ASCII file that stores the volume-group information for all of the physical volume groups in the system. The information is stored in a hierarchical format. First, it starts with a volume group under which multiple physical volume groups can exist. Under each physical volume group, a list of physical volumes can be specified. There must be at least one physical volume group in each volume group that appears in this file. The physical-volume-group name must be unique within the corresponding volume group, although it is permissible to use a common physical volume group name across different volume groups. There can be as many volume groups in this file as there are in the system. Instead of using the and commands, the administrator can edit this file to create and extend physical volume groups. However, care must be taken to ensure that all physical volumes to be included in the file have already been defined in their respective volume groups by previ- ous use of or The file format has the following structure. and are keywords that introduce the names of the volume group and physical volume group, respectively. pv_path ... pv_path ... pv_path ... The variables are defined as follows: pv_path The block device path name of a physical volume within the volume group. pvg_name The name of the physical volume group. It must be unique within the volume group. vg_name The path name of the volume group. EXAMPLES
The following example shows an file containing two volume groups: the first containing two physical volume groups, each with two physical volumes defined in it; the second containing three physical volume groups, each with one physical volume defined in it. SEE ALSO
vgcreate(1M), vgextend(1M), vgreduce(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). lvmpvg(4)