Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to disable Keyboard on Ubuntu? Post 302438167 by brain!ac on Monday 19th of July 2010 03:44:26 AM
Old 07-19-2010
How to disable Keyboard on Ubuntu?

Hi

I need to disable Keyboard on ubuntu at all ,i've been searching for a week to find a solution and i founded some tips like i can disable all Key's or i can use a Perl script to disable it but these solution's work's only on X.Windows but i need to disable Keyboard on Grub Startup ,i don't wan't to give the user a possibility to chose between Grub boot menu or interrupt Splashy Loading and things like that ,because i need a device with Ubuntu installed and on Ubuntu Startup it will load only a single Application using Xinit which means that GDM is disabled .

Thanks and Best on Advance

Brainiac *

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable Keyboard in AIX 5.2

Hi all. I have a log file that the operators monitor. This file is simply tailed -f on a screen in the ops room. I would like to know if there is anyway I can disable the keyboard from any input other than physically unpluging it. Something like a trap in the script. The system is AIX 5.2. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
byobu-enable(1) 						       byobu							   byobu-enable(1)

NAME
byobu-enable, byobu-disable - wrapper script for enabling/disabling automatic startup of byobu after login into text console SYNOPSIS
byobu-enable byobu-disable DESCRIPTION
byobu-enable will do two things: 1) run byobu-launcher-install(1) to configure byobu(1) to launch automatically on login 2) then launch byobu(1) byobu-disable will simply run byobu-launcher-uninstall(1). BUGS
None found, yet. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu-config(1), byobu-export(1), byobu-status(1), byobu-status-detail(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Jan Klepek <jan.klepek at gmail.com> and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 6 January 2011 byobu-enable(1)