7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it.
I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
3. What is on Your Mind?
Which Input device do you use the most ?
for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have got a SunBlade150 box. But I don't have Sun UNIX keyboard and mouse to hook up with the machine. I know some other IBM compitable keyboard and mouse can be used on Sun UNIX box. If any one has the same situation or experience, please advise me the type, FCC ID and other information on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
I have a cron job that creates my backup tape. However my commands in this job are timing out, therefore "Retrying job retry" is the loop it is hung into. I cannot telnet to the box nor get a login prompt. What is the kill command keystone stroke sequence that will break a cron job?
Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwideman
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
hi, i have a few questions regarding keyboard entry in unix...
1) sometimes, when i type , nothing appears in the screen. i am doing a telnet session.
2) how to create a buffer session of the entries that i have typed so that i pressed one of the arrows key (for example), then the previous... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I need to set Unix I/O terminal such as once key "," is pressed charcter "." is shown. Do you have any suggesion? The best to me is to accomplish this feauture with an environment variabile if it is possible.
Michele Ferrero (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micfer