Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to append text from one file into another Post 302434912 by bartus11 on Monday 5th of July 2010 05:11:08 PM
Old 07-05-2010
Last line syntax-wise is OK. I don't know if it will work, as I have zero experience with that (or any) computing cluster solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append text into a file.

I have a command stream that will parse down an ftp DIR listing of a remote directory and return the name of the newest file that I am interested in. The command is sed -e '/^d/d' sppay.listing |sed -n -e '/SPPAY/p'|sort -r -k 43M,45 -k 47,48 -k 50,54|sed -n -e '1p'|cut -c 56-99 and what it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append a text to a file every month

i have something like below in my SAS code and every month i need to append a text say 'ext.hlc_sum0906' near ext.hlc_sum0905 and next month after ext.hlc_sum0906 i need to append this 'ext.hlc_sum0907' and so on like that.. is it possible using SED or some other command in unix? %let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: depakjan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append text to the second line of a file

Say I have a text file like: 1 3 4 How would I use ksh to put the number '2' into the second line of that file? I'm using OpenBSD so the sed syntax might be a bit different (I have no idea how to use sed, though) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text in Result File Name

Hi Below command is returning the list of files which having this string "MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS". find . -name "*"|xargs grep -il MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS Ex: Above command is returing 2 files (Out of 10 files 2 files having this string). ./file1.txt and ./file2.txt Here I want to append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open the file and edit/append the text

Hi i have a file like this mailboxnum 20 filename <to subsitute> fileloaction /home/dd234/ filetype txt in a directory i have set of files for ex: TT45.1.2 TT45.1.3 TT45.1.4 . . in for loop i have to take this files and subsitute one by one ex: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a text file?

i have to append a text file grep for a word, if found, put comment in starting of the line. here is an example cat test.sh bin/ksh Hello World Test Message :wq! search for "bin" word in test.sh file if found comment it out at starting of the line: Output as follows: #bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to append desired text to each line in a file

Hi, I had generated a report in my tool as followsoutput.txt 43.35 9 i needed the script to generate a new file like below i want to append the text to each of these lines of my filenewoutputfile.txt should be Total Amount : 43.35 Record Count:9 Regards, Vasa Saikumar. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need comand or script for append text after searching for the desired string

Hi all, i have a generated report in unix in the following command like input.txt 47.85,10 0124,42.35,8 0125,3.5,2 the input file format is fixed I need the my output file with append text as below output.txt 0124 amount:42.35 0125 amount:3.5 0124 count : 8 0125... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
34 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies
CLVMD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  CLVMD(8)

NAME
clvmd - cluster LVM daemon SYNOPSIS
clvmd [-d[<value>]] [-C] [-h] [-E <lock uuid>] [-R] [-S] [-t <timeout>] [-T <start timeout>] [-V] DESCRIPTION
clvmd is the daemon that distributes LVM metadata updates around a cluster. It must be running on all nodes in the cluster and will give an error if a node in the cluster does not have this daemon running. OPTIONS
-d[<value>] Enable debug logging. Value can be 0, 1 or 2. 0 disables debug logging 1 sends debug logs to stderr (implies -f option) 2 sends debug logs to syslog If -d is specified without a value then 1 is assumed. -C Only valid if -d is also specified. Tells all clvmds in a cluster to enable/disable debug logging. Without this switch, only the local clvmd will change its debug level to that given with -d. This does not work correctly if specified on the command-line that starts clvmd. If you want to start clvmd and enable cluster-wide logging then the command needs to be issued twice, eg: clvmd clvmd -d2 -t <timeout> Specifies the timeout for commands to run around the cluster. This should not be so small that commands with many disk updates to do will fail, so you may need to increase this on systems with very large disk farms. The default is 30 seconds. -T <start timeout> Specifies the timeout for clvmd daemon startup. If the daemon does not report that it has started up within this time then the par- ent command will exit with status of 5. This does NOT mean that clvmd has not started! What it means is that the startup of clvmd has been delayed for some reason; the most likely cause of this is an inquorate cluster though it could be due to locking latencies on a cluster with large numbers of logical volumes. If you get the return code of 5 it is usually not necessary to restart clvmd - it will start as soon as that blockage has cleared. This flag is to allow startup scripts to exit in a timely fashion even if the cluster is stalled for some reason. The default is 0 (no timeout) and the value is in seconds. Don't set this too small or you will experience spurious errors. 10 or 20 seconds might be sensible. This timeout will be ignored if you start clvmd with the -d switch. -E <lock uuid> Pass lock uuid to be reacquired exclusively when clvmd is restarted. -R Tells all the running clvmds in the cluster to reload their device cache and re-read the lvm configuration file. This command should be run whenever the devices on a cluster system are changed. -S Tells the running clvmd to exit and reexecute itself, for example at the end of a package upgrade. The new instance is instructed to reacquire any locks in the same state as they were previously held. (Alternative methods of restarting the daemon have the side effect of changing exclusive LV locks into shared locks.) -I Selects the cluster manager to use for locking and internal communications, the available managers will be listed as part of the 'clvmd -h' output. clvmd will use the first cluster manager that succeeds, and it checks them in the order cman,corosync,openais. As it is quite possible to have (eg) corosync and cman available on the same system you might have to manually specify this option to override the search. -V Display the version of the cluster LVM daemon. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_CLVMD_BINARY The CLVMD binary to use when clmvd restart is requested. Defaults to /usr/sbin/clvmd. LVM_BINARY The LVM2 binary to use. Defaults to /sbin/lvm. SEE ALSO
lvm(8) Red Hat Inc LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) CLVMD(8)