Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Disappearing wget download [Windows] Post 302434655 by DeCoTwc on Sunday 4th of July 2010 10:06:42 AM
Old 07-04-2010
If you're looking for a simple answer...download something like windirstat. It visualizes your hard drive usage, and you can just look for a relatively big block on your drive (I'm assuming you don't have that many 9 gig files laying around).

Or if you're using cygwin or something similar, you can do some googling and try out the find command. Or even more simple, just use windows search, search for *.* and filter results to only files over 7 gigs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

May download a folder using wget command!

Hi All, I think wget command would not download any directories. But please confirm it. If it downloads directories, please let me know how to do it. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ThrdF
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wget to download a file

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to use wget recursively to download a file. Only html files are being downloaded, instead of the target file. I'm trying this for the first time, here's what I've tried: wget -r -O jdk.bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

download a particular file using wget

Hi All I want to download srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux24_EM64T.tar.gz file from the following website : http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist/ But this website contains lots of zipped files I want to download the above file only discarding other zipped files. When I am trying the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

download file using wget

I need to download the following srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz file from the following website: http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist There are many gzip files along with the above one in the above site but I want to download the srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz only from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download to a file using wget in perl?

Hi, I want to download some online data using wget command and write the contents to a file. For example this is the URL i want to download and store it in a file called "results.txt". #This is the URL. $url="http://www.example.com"; #retrieve data and store in a file results.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files download using wget

Hi, I need to implement below logic to download files daily from a URL. * Need to check if it is yesterday's file (YYYY-DD-MM.dat) * If present then download from URL (sample_url/2013-01-28.dat) * Need to implement wait logic if not present * if it still not able to find the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cancel wget download after 1%?

I am running a video download test and automating that. I wanna know how to stop a wget download session when downloads reached 1% Thanks in advance, Tamil (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change wget download directory?

i have a cron that mirrors a site periodically wget -r -nc --passive-ftp ftp://user:pass@123.456.789.0 i want to download this into a directory called /files but when I do this, it always create a new directory called "123.456.789.0" (the hostname) it puts it into /files/123.456.789.0 but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
RK(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     RK(4)

NAME
rk - RK-11/RK05 disk SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NRK rk_drives # RK05 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments rk ? 177400 220 5 rkintr # rk05 major device number(s): raw: 15 block: 6 minor device encoding: specifies drive: <rk_drive> DESCRIPTION
Minor device numbers are drive numbers on one controller. The standard device names begin with ``rk'' followed by the drive number and then the letter "h". The character ? stands here for a drive number in the range 0-7. The block files access the disk via the system's normal buffering mechanism and may be read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a `raw' interface which provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call results in exactly one I/O operation and therefore raw I/O is considerably more efficient when many words are transmitted. The names of the raw files conventionally begin with an extra `r.' In raw I/O the buffer must begin on a word (even) boundary, and counts should be a multiple of 512 bytes (a disk sector). Likewise seek calls should specify a multiple of 512 bytes. DISK SUPPORT
The rk driver does not support pseudo-disks (partitions). Each file rk?h refers to the entire drive as a single sequentially addressed file. Each drive has 4872 512-byte blocks. It's not clear what one would do with one of these drives if one had one ... FILES
/dev/rk[0-7]h block files /dev/rrk[0-7]h raw files /dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
hk(4), ra(4), ram(4), rl(4), rp(4), rx(4), si(4), xp(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
rk%d: hard error sn%d er=%b ds=%b. An unrecoverable error occurred during transfer of the specified sector of the specified disk. The contents of the two error registers are also printed in octal and symbolically with bits decoded. The error was either unrecoverable, or a large number of retry attempts could not recover the error. rk%d: write locked. The write protect switch was set on the drive when a write was attempted. The write operation is not recoverable. BUGS
In raw I/O read and write(2) truncate file offsets to 512-byte block boundaries, and write scribbles on the tail of incomplete blocks. Thus, in programs that are likely to access raw devices, read, write and lseek(2) should always deal in 512-byte multiples. DEC-standard error logging should be supported. A program to analyze the logged error information (even in its present reduced form) is needed. 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 20, 1987 RK(4)