Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time In Ubuntu
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Time In Ubuntu Post 302421525 by gwallace on Friday 14th of May 2010 03:17:37 PM
Old 05-14-2010
I ran the strace, and didn't see anything odd.

Decided to just do a reboot and see if that will fix the problem.

I'll keep an eye on it and update here if it happens again.

Thank you for the help.

---------- Post updated at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:43 PM ----------

Well, after the reboot, CLOCK stopped on me again.

May need to post this as a bug, or at least look into and see if anyone else has reported this.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First Time Linux(Ubuntu) user, Installing

I want to install ubuntu on a seperate hard drive. I have two 500gb sata drives with XP on sata 0,0 and like to install ubuntu on the other sata 1,1. A few questions: Will this work? Can I unplug the XP drive and boot up with ubuntu to 1,1? If that works, how can I boot to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwainbar
6 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What time did Ubuntu installed on machine?

How can I learn what time OS installed time and release information. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up ubuntu server as real time

0 down vote favorite share share share Let's solve my case please, it's urgent I have installed ubuntu server 11.04 on a machine with size 4GB. As, the ubuntu server 11.04 does not support real time kernel by default, I ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to Get Started on Ubuntu Desktop for the first time

Hello Everyone, I have been using RHEL from quite a while now on server system, but now i also want to use Linux as my Desktop/Laptop OS on my personal computer. So i downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 yeserday as i have read alot about it being the most popular Linux Desktop OS. So guys could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
1 Replies
REBOOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot - reboot the system immediately SYNOPSIS
reboot [-f] DESCRIPTION
Reboot can be used to reboot the system after installing a new kernel. It does not inform the users, but does log it's actions in /usr/adm/wtmp and /usr/adm/authlog. The system is then rebooted with the reboot(2) systemcall. If the -f flag is not given then all processes are sent terminate signals to give them a chance to die peacefully before the reboot() call. If the wtmp file exists, reboot logs itself as if it were a shutdown. This is done to prevent last(1) from talking about system-crashes. Reboot is registered as is in the authlog file. Reboot can only be executed by the super-user. Any other caller will be refused, either by reboot(8) or by reboot(2). SEE ALSO
reboot(2), shutdown(8), halt(8), boot(8). BUGS
The error message's given by reboot are not always useful. There are several routines that can fail, but which are not fatal for the pro- gram. AUTHOR
Edvard Tuinder (v892231@si.hhs.NL) REBOOT(8)