Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX Post 302420540 by Scott on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 02:43:16 AM
Old 05-12-2010
Hi.

Yes, it's possible.

Code:
cat << ! | mailx -s "subject" abc@xyz.com
$(cat body.txt)
$(uuencode file1 file1.txt)
$(uuencode file2 file2.txt)
$(uuencode file3 file3.txt)
$(uuencode file4 file4.txt)
!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

2. How do I send email?

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailing with attachments in mail command in HP-UX Release 11i

Hi Can some one tell me how to send a mail with body and file attached in a shell sript, in HP-UX Release 11i. i did code in AIX and it works fine but i guess here in HP-UX release.. there's some syntax change which i;m not able to make out.. TIA, Ronnie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple attachments

Hi people, I am new to this forums. I have a quick question I hope one of you could help me with. I am writing a script to send attachments via email. However I am having trouble when trying to send multiple attachments. Here is the code I am using: send_mail() { uuencode $TMP $TMP1 > $TMP1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo2k8
1 Replies

5. AIX

Aix Unix Mailx Attachments

I'm trying to send a mailx with an attachment, really I have not do it in a long time. I forgot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darioa
3 Replies

6. AIX

Mailing from AIX 5.3 to windows mail system.

Hi, I want to mail a log from my IBM AIX 5.3 server to my windows mailbox in my company every month. Any ideas what the command would be? Do I need to set any smtp settings? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfd7000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with multiple mail attachments

Hi everyone... I am facing problem with the multiple mail attachments. cd /work/mohan/pi_log/ mail_file='uuencode ahmedabad.csv ahmedabad.csv ; uuencode ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv' ( $mail_file ) | mailx -m -s"test" domain@website.com its giving me error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple attachments using mutt

I am trying to attach multiple files using mutt command, and all file names to be attached are taken from a flat file. and mutt command is called from a bash script when : 1. Script execution is completed. 2. Script execution is interrupted for some reason. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack . ( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com" echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com" echo "subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Read mail attachments in AIX

Hello All, Is there a way to read/view email attachments in AIX? Here's my scenario; I have users that will being scanning documents for digital storage. To make it easier for the users, I would like for them to scan and email the pdf version of the document directly to one of my AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies
gvfs-cat(1)							   User Commands						       gvfs-cat(1)

NAME
gvfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gvfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gvfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs-move(1), gvfs-rename(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-cat(1)