Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add color to part of the text in a mail sent from unix script Post 302419105 by jgt on Thursday 6th of May 2010 10:04:47 AM
Old 05-06-2010
If the recipient is reading the email using a unix telnet session, then you can use the appropriate terminal escape sequences to change the color.
If the email is being read by a MS Windows email client, then you have to create the email using html tags to change color.
An alternative may be to create a pdf file, and email it as an attachment.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different color in mail

Hi, The following command i executed mailx -s "hi" abc@yahoo.com<<EOF `echo "^[[31mWelcome"` EOF I don't any color (RED) in my mail. Please assist me? Os is SunOs 5.8 Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or Awk script to copy a part of text file.

Hi Gurus, I'm a total newbie to Perl and Awk scripting. Let me explain the scenario, there is a DB2 table with 5 columns and one of the column is a CLOB datatype containing XML. We need all the 4 columns but only a portion of string from the XML column. We decided to export DB2 table to a .del... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
26 Replies

3. AIX

How to color text and mail

I want to color the text and bold the text and mail these text. input: hi..(in bold) good morning (in blue color) and mail these as in color and bold :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To display the selected part in text file of unix

0400903071220312 20120322 20:21 1TRANTELSTRAFLEXCAB22032012CMP201323930000812201108875802100A003485363 12122011AUS 182644 000C2 8122011 0000 000 1TRANTELSTRAFLEXCAB22032012CMP201323930000812201108875802100A003485363 12122011AUS ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substr/Instr in shell script or extract part of text

Hi, I need to extract part of a text to two variables text is "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. ERROR ----------------------------------------------------------------- Test Error Message PLUSVAR ---------- 1" I want "Test Error Message" in one variable and "1" in another variable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedavrath
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to compare text and send a mail

Hello, Somebody can help me to develop a script for the below requirement I have a 3 files in a directory which was dynamically changed everyday basis. I need a script to fetch the 1pattern of strings in each file. if the three matching pattern is same send a mail with subject as success else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MATHANKUMAR
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with font color change

Hi All, I have a file that contains following entries. I want to highlight the line that has word as "FAILURE" while sending the email. File ------------------------------------------------------------ Job Name: ABC Start Time: 07/20/2019 07:32:39 End Time: 07/20/2019... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
BINMAIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							BINMAIL(1)

NAME
binmail - send or receive mail among users SYNOPSIS
/bin/mail [ + ] [ -i ] [ person ] ... /bin/mail [ + ] [ -i ] -f file DESCRIPTION
Note: This is the old version 7 UNIX system mail program. The default mail command is described in Mail(1), and its binary is in the directory /usr/ucb. mail with no argument prints a user's mail, message-by-message, in last-in, first-out order; the optional argument + displays the mail mes- sages in first-in, first-out order. For each message, it reads a line from the standard input to direct disposition of the message. newline Go on to next message. d Delete message and go on to the next. p Print message again. - Go back to previous message. s [ file ] ... Save the message in the named files (`mbox' default). w [ file ] ... Save the message, without a header, in the named files (`mbox' default). m [ person ] ... Mail the message to the named persons (yourself is default). EOT (control-D) Put unexamined mail back in the mailbox and stop. q Same as EOT. !command Escape to the Shell to do command. * Print a command summary. An interrupt normally terminates the mail command; the mail file is unchanged. The optional argument -i tells mail to continue after interrupts. When persons are named, mail takes the standard input up to an end-of-file (or a line with just `.') and adds it to each person's `mail' file. The message is preceded by the sender's name and a postmark. Lines that look like postmarks are prepended with `>'. A person is usually a user name recognized by login(1). To denote a recipient on a remote system, prefix person by the system name and exclamation mark (see uucp(1C)). The -f option causes the named file, for example, `mbox', to be printed as if it were the mail file. When a user logs in he is informed of the presence of mail. FILES
/etc/passwd to identify sender and locate persons /usr/spool/mail/* incoming mail for user * mbox saved mail /tmp/ma* temp file /usr/spool/mail/*.lock lock for mail directory dead.letter unmailable text SEE ALSO
Mail(1), write(1), uucp(1C), uux(1C), xsend(1), sendmail(8) BUGS
Race conditions sometimes result in a failure to remove a lock file. Normally anybody can read your mail, unless it is sent by xsend(1). An installation can overcome this by making mail a set-user-id command that owns the mail directory. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 BINMAIL(1)