Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in locating a word in huge files Post 302416279 by alister on Monday 26th of April 2010 02:52:32 AM
Old 04-26-2010
If the lines begin with "AAA" and end with "IN" followed by optional spaces:
Code:
$ sed -n '/^AAA.*IN *$/p' ABC.april24.dat 
AAA00003849893498098394 84834 348348439 -438939 IN

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Locating files and directing ouput

I'm trying to locate all files that do not contain the string /usr but do contain the string csh within the file called /etc/passwd. Then I would like to direct this output to a file called pout. Does anyone one have suggestions on this one? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klannon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Huge files manipulation

Hi , i need a fast way to delete duplicates entrys from very huge files ( >2 Gbs ) , these files are in plain text. I tried all the usual methods ( awk / sort /uniq / sed /grep .. ) but it always ended with the same result (memory core dump) In using HP-UX large servers. Any advice will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Locating files!

My question is : -How do I locate files of specific user in specific folder. In other words, How do I find files that belong only to "root" user, in /etc folder? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexex666
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating shell script files with the $PATH variable

I've created a test script, which is located in $HOME/bin. The script runs as expected with no issues. However, upon echo'ing the $path variable the location of my script is not located in any of the directories listed in $path. So my question is, how does shell know where the script is located... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonD
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for word in huge logfile and need to continue to print few lines from that line til find date

Guys i need an idea for one logic..in shell scripting am struggling with a logic...So the thing is... i need to search for a word in a huge log file and i need to continue to print few more lines from that line and the consecutive line has to end when it finds the line with date..because i know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prathi
1 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)