Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oslevel command
Operating Systems AIX oslevel command Post 302412741 by daveisme on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 11:20:50 AM
Old 04-13-2010
oslevel command

I just upgraded my system from 53tl9 to 53tl10 and it is still showing 53tl9 (5300-09). When I run oslevel -rl 5300-10 or oslevel -r -l 5300-10 I get the following error "Error: Recommended Maintenance level 5300-11 is invalid or unknown." How do I determine what files are missing from the upgrade to bring the server up to 5300-10?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. AIX

oslevel -s

Hi All, Would like to know what files or file sets are referred when the 'oslevel -s' command is executed, and the mechanism that it uses to give us the output regarding the ML and the SP level of the machine. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Regards Digiwolf123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiwolf123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. AIX

EEEK - OSLEVEL -r is now reverted back to original level

Dont know what happened, my AIX 53 TL6 os just reverted back to original TL4 from whence I started this week. Is there a commad to check the ODM or kernel or something to ensure stability? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
CISS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   CISS(4)

NAME
ciss -- HP/Compaq Smart ARRAY 5/6 RAID controllers SYNOPSIS
ciss* at pci? function ? DESCRIPTION
The ciss driver provides support for the CISS interface implemented by fifth and later generations of the HP/Compaq Smart ARRAY family of controllers. The CISS interface is defined in the document entitled CISS Command Interface for SCSI-3 Support Open Specification, Version 1.04, Valence Number 1, Compaq Computer Corporation, 2000/11/27. This driver supports several Compaq and HP controllers implementing the CISS interface, including: o Compaq Smart Array 5300 version 1 o Compaq Smart Array 5300 version 2 o Compaq Smart Array 5i version 1 o Compaq Smart Array 5i version 2 o HP Smart Array 5312 o HP Smart Array 6i o HP Smart Array 641 o HP Smart Array 642 o HP Smart Array 6400 o HP Smart Array 6400 EM o HP Smart Array E200 o HP Smart Array E200i o HP Smart Array P400 o HP Smart Array P400i o HP Smart Array P600 o HP Smart Array P800 o HP Smart Array V100 o HP Smart Array 1 through 13 These controllers support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, JBOD, and superpositions of those configurations. Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the ciss driver makes them look just like SCSI controllers. All RAID configuration must be done through the controllers' BIOSes. Hardware from previous generations of this product family may be supported by the cac(4) driver. SEE ALSO
bio(4), cac(4), intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4) HISTORY
The ciss driver first appeared in NetBSD 3.1. AUTHORS
The ciss driver was written by Michael Shalayeff <mickey@openbsd.org>, and ported to NetBSD by Tonnerre Lombard <tonnerre@netbsd.org>. BSD
May 28, 2008 BSD