Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make command problem
Operating Systems Solaris make command problem Post 302406549 by freeware on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 08:34:47 AM
Old 03-23-2010
yes i've downloaded it from the sdl.org site , but there is only the source code, not solaris package, so I've to use ./configure make make install , not pkgadd -d [packageName], can it be this procedure is right for the stand alone programs but not for library that should be called back by the OS? can I specify the installation directory of the SDL library when I use the make command? how can I find the path of program/library/etc... that have been installed with the ./configure make make install method? is it possible to create a package from the source with a terminal command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 9 openssl make problem with ld

i've seen a few posts regarding this issue, and i've tried the resolutions, but i keep running into the same problem. i'm trying to compile OpenSSL with the use of rsaref-2.0 (i'm running through this tutorial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. AIX

Problem MAKE cc: not found on AIX 5.3 please help me...

Hi guys, I am trying to install Big Brother monitoring on my box p570 AIX5.3ML2. But the after the installation you must run a make and it is failed see below the message: /home/bb/bb1.9h-btf/src/ # make Making aix makefile BBOS="aix" CC="cc" CFLAGS=" -Daix -DTIMEH -DREGEXEC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help , but now i have a problem There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javierg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with make command

hi guys/gals would u help me out on using make command , how to write rules and execute of make command , am using mandriva linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinakampalli p
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with make command

hi guys would u clarify me how to use make command , how to write rules of make command and to execute . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinakampalli p
1 Replies

6. Linux

make command problem with MySql install

Hi, hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to set up LAMP on Fedora 11 starting with MySql. I downloaded the mysql-5.1.40.tar.gz tarball and unpacked it all. This created the mysql-5.1.40 directory. Next I ran the ./configure command. Following this I ran the make command to compile but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-unix make file Problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking regards, kkl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with make

I have the following makefile to create my programs, and getting the following error. Somehow it it trying to get to ./programs/rdt/raytrac.cc rather than ./programs/raytrac.cc It seems to be picking the last path to rdt g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in Make file

Dear all, we are facing a problem solarais 10.5 we are trying to install zip23 when i run this command make -f unix/Makefile system i got this error make: fatal error: Don't know how to make target 'system' please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emad Nabil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "make" command in Linux

Hi all, I downloaded an external program and extracted all the files to a folder. they have a make file which I have to run. But when I run make file I get an error g++ -O2 -c pgm.cpp make: g++: Command not found make: *** Error 127 When I checked the list of GCC I get this binf-01... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
14 Replies
sdl-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     sdl-config(1)

NAME
sdl-config - script to get information about the installed version of SDL SYNOPSIS
sdl-config [ --prefix[=DIR] ] [ --exec-prefix[=DIR] ] [ --version ] [ --cflags ] [ --libs ] [ --static-libs ] DESCRIPTION
sdl-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams, and libraries, and plugins that use SDL. It is also used internally by the m4 macros that are included with SDL. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses SDL. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that SDL was build with when computing the output for the --exec-pre- fix option. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses SDL. --prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation prefix that SDL was built with when computing the output for the --prefix, and --exec-prefix options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be speci- fied before any of the --cflags, and --libs options. --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a program that uses SDL. --version Prints the currently installed version of SDL on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(sdl-config --cflags) main.c is how you might use sdl-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(sdl-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. AUTHOR
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library was written by Sam Lantinga. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. This manual page was modified by Petr Pisar to match original SDL distribution. SDL 1.2 2013-06-19 sdl-config(1)