Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make command problem
Operating Systems Solaris make command problem Post 302406074 by freeware on Sunday 21st of March 2010 11:23:15 PM
Old 03-22-2010
make command problem

hi, I'was trying to compile a simple game , just for testing the system, but the make command gave me problems, so I read that it was best to have a gnu make package installed so I made

pkgrm SUNWgmake

and installed the gnu make from sunfreesoftware, the problem is that now when I run make it gives me this output

Code:
# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src'
Making all in lisp
make[3]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/lisp'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/lisp'
Making all in net
make[3]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/net'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/net'
Making all in imlib
make[3]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/imlib'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/imlib'
Making all in sdlport
make[3]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/sdlport'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src/sdlport'
make[3]: Entering directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src'
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2 -DHAVE_OPENGL   -o abuse specache.o netcfg.o text_gui.o innet.o chat.o endgame.o version.o loadgame.o profile.o cop.o statbar.o compiled.o ant.o sensor.o demo.o lcache.o nfclient.o username.o clisp.o gui.o transp.o collide.o trig.o property.o cache.o particle.o objects.o extend.o console.o ability.o items.o dev.o chars.o level.o smallfnt.o automap.o help.o intsect.o loader2.o seq.o points.o fnt6x13.o morpher.o menu.o director.o view.o config.o game.o light.o devsel.o crc.o gamma.o language.o lisp/liblisp.a sdlport/libsdlport.a imlib/libimlib.a net/libnet.a -lm -lsocket -lnsl -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lposix4 -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/lib -lGL -lpthread
g++ -g -O2 -DHAVE_OPENGL -o abuse specache.o netcfg.o text_gui.o innet.o chat.o endgame.o version.o loadgame.o profile.o cop.o statbar.o compiled.o ant.o sensor.o demo.o lcache.o nfclient.o username.o clisp.o gui.o transp.o collide.o trig.o property.o cache.o particle.o objects.o extend.o console.o ability.o items.o dev.o chars.o level.o smallfnt.o automap.o help.o intsect.o loader2.o seq.o points.o fnt6x13.o morpher.o menu.o director.o view.o config.o game.o light.o devsel.o crc.o gamma.o language.o  lisp/liblisp.a sdlport/libsdlport.a imlib/libimlib.a net/libnet.a -lsocket -lnsl -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libSDL.so /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so -L/sol10/SOURCES/I10/gcc-3.4.6/objdir/i386-pc-solaris2.10/libstdc++-v3/src -L/sol10/SOURCES/I10/gcc-3.4.6/objdir/i386-pc-solaris2.10/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L/sol10/SOURCES/I10/gcc-3.4.6/objdir/gcc -L/usr/local/i386-pc-solaris2.10/bin -L/usr/local/i386-pc-solaris2.10/lib -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/3.4.6 -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/3.4.6/../../../../i386-pc-solaris2.10/lib -L/usr/ccs/bin -L/usr/ccs/lib -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/3.4.6/../../.. -lgcc_s -lm -L/usr/openwin/lib -lX11 -lXext -lposix4 -L/usr/lib -lGL -lpthread   -Wl,-R -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R -Wl,/usr/local/lib
ld: warning: file /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted multiple inclusion of file
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
SDL_SaveBMP_RW                      sdlport/libsdlport.a(event.o)
SDL_LoadBMP_RW                      sdlport/libsdlport.a(video.o)
SDL_RWFromFile                      sdlport/libsdlport.a(video.o)
SDL_MixAudio                        sdlport/libsdlport.a(sound.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to abuse
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [abuse] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Desktop/softSource/abuse-0.7.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

what does the [all-recursive] Error 1 mean? is it due to the installation of the new make? what can i do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 9 openssl make problem with ld

i've seen a few posts regarding this issue, and i've tried the resolutions, but i keep running into the same problem. i'm trying to compile OpenSSL with the use of rsaref-2.0 (i'm running through this tutorial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. AIX

Problem MAKE cc: not found on AIX 5.3 please help me...

Hi guys, I am trying to install Big Brother monitoring on my box p570 AIX5.3ML2. But the after the installation you must run a make and it is failed see below the message: /home/bb/bb1.9h-btf/src/ # make Making aix makefile BBOS="aix" CC="cc" CFLAGS=" -Daix -DTIMEH -DREGEXEC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help , but now i have a problem There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javierg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with make command

hi guys/gals would u help me out on using make command , how to write rules and execute of make command , am using mandriva linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinakampalli p
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with make command

hi guys would u clarify me how to use make command , how to write rules of make command and to execute . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinakampalli p
1 Replies

6. Linux

make command problem with MySql install

Hi, hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to set up LAMP on Fedora 11 starting with MySql. I downloaded the mysql-5.1.40.tar.gz tarball and unpacked it all. This created the mysql-5.1.40 directory. Next I ran the ./configure command. Following this I ran the make command to compile but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-unix make file Problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking regards, kkl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with make

I have the following makefile to create my programs, and getting the following error. Somehow it it trying to get to ./programs/rdt/raytrac.cc rather than ./programs/raytrac.cc It seems to be picking the last path to rdt g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in Make file

Dear all, we are facing a problem solarais 10.5 we are trying to install zip23 when i run this command make -f unix/Makefile system i got this error make: fatal error: Don't know how to make target 'system' please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emad Nabil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "make" command in Linux

Hi all, I downloaded an external program and extracted all the files to a folder. they have a make file which I have to run. But when I run make file I get an error g++ -O2 -c pgm.cpp make: g++: Command not found make: *** Error 127 When I checked the list of GCC I get this binf-01... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
14 Replies