Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: svc Errors on OS startup
Operating Systems Solaris svc Errors on OS startup Post 302403383 by pupp on Friday 12th of March 2010 09:34:45 AM
Old 03-12-2010
you can check /etc/svc/volatile/db_errors. also check out Sun Message ID: SMF-8000-MY.

Can you reboot again? Does this happen again?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10: add new svc

Hi guys, I want to add a new 'service' to Solaris 10. Does anyone have any documentation that tells how to do that? I have gone through a bunch of stuff on the net that tells how to enable, disable services, find whats wrong with a service and so on. All conveniently skip mention of how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sol_9 => Sol_10/08 Upgrade svc startup issue.

Dear all, Recently I did an upgrade from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 on a V440 System, after the initial reboot after the auto-reboot from the OS upgrade, the service: svc:/system/webconsole:console transitions into maintenance and cannot be manually brought online. Below are a list of things I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShawnLua
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX

Hello Unix Admins: Has any one in this distribution list implemented SVC (SAN Volume Contoller - A solution from IBM) in your environment? If you have, do you have any do's / don'ts? Anything which you like sharing would be really appreciated. For example, my inputs: I tried implementing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdossjojo
1 Replies

4. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] Startup script errors?

The below text is displayed on the console -> sbin/rc2.d/S130pfilboot: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S131ipfboot: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S590Rpcd: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S700acct: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S900drd: -l: not found. /sbin/rc3.d/S823hpws22_apache: -l: not found.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pplayford
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Svc messages flooding the system logs every second

Hi all I have a newly installed Oracle X2-4 server running Solaris 10 x86 with the latest patches. I have one non-global zone configured running an Oracle DB instance. After configuring IPMP failover between two NICs on the server and rebooting I am seeing the /var/adm/messages being flooded... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Svc:/network/http:apache2 error

Dear All, http:apache2 service on my node is continuously in maintenance mode. I have tried to enable and disable the service but nothing works. root@ops # svcs -a | grep apache2 maintenance 15:46:37 svc:/network/http:apache2 When I reboot the system, I get the following error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. AIX

Change the ID of a SVC Node

Hi Folks, I'm currently in a position where I am building the seed equipment for a Data Centre Migration, I'm familiar with some of the equipment - all of which I've listed below. SAN Storage - EMC VNX5800 SAN Switches - Brocade DCX 8510-4 SAN Management - IBM SVC 2145-DH8 four node cluster... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
rmvolmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      rmvolmgr(1M)

NAME
rmvolmgr - HAL-aware removable volume manager SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmvolmgr [-chns] DESCRIPTION
The rmvolmgr command is a volume manager that can automatically mount and unmount removable media and hot-pluggable storage. The default mount point is /media. rmvolmgr is one of a number of Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)-aware tools that are shipped with the Solaris operating system. See hald(1M). Multiple instances of rmvolmgr can be run simultaneously. A system instance of rmvolmgr runs by default as a service management facility (SMF) service (see smf(5)). Its fault management resource identifier (FMRI) is: svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr You can run your own instance of rmvolmgr by adding it to the .xinitrc file or a similar session startup script. In such a case, the system rmvolmgr instance will not manage volumes that belong to you, the owner of the startup script. For example, a user logged on to the work- station console (/dev/console) who invokes his own instance of rmvolmgr will own locally connected devices, such as CD-ROM drives and devices connected to the local USB or FireWire ports. In addition to mounting volumes under /media, rmvolmgr also creates legacy symbolic links under /cdrom, /floppy, and /rmdisk. rmvolmgr also provides backwards compatibility with CDE removable media interfaces by maintaining notification files under /tmp/.removable. This functionality can be disabled by using the -c option. The -c and -n options can also be specified as SMF properties. See "Examples." OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Disable CDE compatibility. -h Display help information and exit. -n Do not create legacy mountpoint symbolic links. -s Invoke in system instance mode. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using SMF Properties to Set Options The following svccfg(1M) command and subcommands use SMF properties to set the -c and -n options. example# svccfg svc:> select rmvolmgr svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> listprop rmvolmgr/* rmvolmgr/legacy_mountpoints boolean true rmvolmgr/cde_compatible boolean true svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> setprop rmvolmgr/legacy_mountpoints=false svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> setprop rmvolmgr/cde_compatible=false svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> exit example# ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), svccfg(1M), attributes(5), hal(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Nov 2006 rmvolmgr(1M)