Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exporting .csv file into mysql server 2005 using script. Post 302400979 by peterro on Thursday 4th of March 2010 04:30:38 PM
Old 03-04-2010
I would probably read each line in and convert it to an SQL entry and apply all those entries to the database. If you're looking for a single shell command for that, you'll probably have a hard time. What have you tried? You might try contacting a group that focuses on mysql as opposed to shell scripting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting text file data to csv

Could any one help me in basic shell script to export text file data to csv. I need to export only particular data from text file to csv column. I am a newbie to UNIX could anyone help me with sample script code (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_jayakumar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exporting number into .csv file in text form (no other extra charc) from shell script

I have written a k shell program which is executing a sql and exporting data in numeric form like 0412323444 into .csv file. the problem i am facing is that , the data is coming in excel formatted in scientific form like 4.1+E08,while my requirement is to store data as such 0412323444 in excel ( no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak_Rastogi
5 Replies

3. AIX

IBM DB2 UDB to SQL Server 2005 Porting

Hi All, Am porting my application from AIX to Windows. As a part of this I need to port the Database in IBM DB2 UDB to SQL Server 2005. Is there any Guide/Doc/Article available on this? How to convert the stored procedures and physical data from DB2 to SQL Server 2005? Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for exporting FS into non global server automaticaly.

Post has been removed. Prakash K :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data as a CSV file from Unix shell script

Friends...This is the first time i am trying the report generation using shell script... any suggestions are welcome. Is there a way to set the font size & color when i am exporting the data from unix shell script as a CSV file ? The following sample data is saved as a .csv file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix with sql Server 2005

Hello All I am getting a problem.What i want to do is to connect unix(korn shell) and sql server 2005. But it is not happening. The task is to schedule a job using crown or something else that connect with sql server 2005 and run the query and save the result in a text file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
5 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to connect Unix and Sql Server 2005?

Hi All Can any one please help me about How to connect Unix with Sql Server 2005 I want to do it urgently and i didn't find the way. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting .csv from home directory

I have created 2 .csv files in my home directory in unix and trying to export them to my machine. Can anyone tell me the script to export those? 1 file name is columns.csv (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinamiller
9 Replies
mysqlshow(1)							  MySQL database						      mysqlshow(1)

NAME
mysqlshow - Shows the structure of a mysql database (databases,tables and columns) USAGE
shell> mysqlshow [OPTIONS] [database [table [column]]] SYNOPSIS
mysqlshow [-#|--debug=...] [-?|--help] [-c|--character-sets-dir=...] [-C|--compress] [-h|--host=...] [-i|--status] [-k|--keys] [-p|--password[=...]] [-P|--port=...] [-S|--socket=...] [-u|--user=#] [-V|--version] DESCRIPTION
-#|--debug=... output debug log. Often this is 'd:t:o,filename` -?|--help display help and exit -c|--character-sets-dir=... Directory where character sets are -C|--compress Use compression in server/client protocol -h|--host=... connect to host -i|--status Shows a lot of extra information about each table -k|--keys show keys for table -p|--password[=...] password to use when connecting to server If password is not given it's asked from the tty. -P|--port=... Port number to use for connection -S|--socket=... Socket file to use for connection -u|--user=# user for login if not current user -V|--version output version information and exit NOTE
If last argument contains a shell or SQL wildcard (*,?,% or _) then only what's matched by the wildcard is shown. If no database is given then all matching databases are shown. If no table is given then all matching tables in database are shown If no column is given then all matching columns and columntypes in table are shown SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privi- lege_tables(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 mysqlshow(1)