Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display the string issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display the string issue Post 302393585 by koti_rama on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 07:08:48 AM
Old 02-09-2010
Hi
i ran below command
Code:
bdf | awk '/\/usr\/apps/{print $5}'

out put like:
Code:
58%
81%
/usr/apps/sybase/ctidevw
39%
/usr/apps/sybase/ctidevw/data
26%
12%
/usr/apps/MAX

i want only uses of space values only

Last edited by Scott; 02-09-2010 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Code tags, PLEASE!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display went awkwards after issue kill pid

hi, i kill a process which is topas. then i do a fg of the process itself and got this Signal 15 received.finally, the display went as belows.... root@myhost:/]ksh: ^L^L^Lps: not found. root@myhost:/] PID TTY TIME CMD ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display issue.

Hi All, I run this command ps -ef | grep daemon. This just returns half info on the page. Like. User 10888 1 0 23:04:58 ? 0:44 /opt/xxxxx/bin/perl /home/xxxxx/s After the "/s "at the end of the line it should continue. But it's not displayed. And can't even grep for the name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
1 Replies

3. Linux

Display issue

Hi, After installing red hat linux(ppc version) on power series server,running export DISPLAY=IP:0.0 and after that xclock command I am getting can't open display error Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

4. Programming

Display issue when we print in for loop

Hi All, I have connected to the board using telnet, when i tried to display huge record which has more then 1000, this telnet session where overlapping the printed data to the previous line. Can some one help me how to solve this? For example" in a for loop i am printing "1 Name1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohi
3 Replies

5. AIX

New to Unix - display issue

new to the forums hope is this the right area to post this, I have 4 IBM servers (inherited) and all of them are connecting through a KVM. Probelm is all the servers are fuzzy on the monitor. I have tried switching multiple monitors and all get the same effect no matter if they are wide screen or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setnaro
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix terminal display related issue

Want few input related to unix environment and terminal settings: 1. Am trying to find a way to keep the unix terminal display intact even after opening and closing a vi/less file. Currently if I open a vim file in the unix terminal and then close the file,it displays the contents of vim file on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talktovkjain
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with ^M causes display issue with cat or more

I have a script to do a couple simple but repetitive commands on files that are provided to us. One of the things is to get rid of the line feeds. This is the section that is causing problems, i even cut this section into its own file to make sure nothing else was affecting it. #!/usr/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prompt path display issue

I use the following command to print the current directory above the command prompt set prompt="`exec pwd`\n$USER@`hostname -s` %B: % > " The output is something like this <current path> $USER@hostname > But when I try to CD to any other directory and press the return key, the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Fonts and Display issue

Hello Everyone, have a question regarding fonts: #env root@oraapp:/>env _=/usr/bin/env LANG=ar_AA LOGIN=root SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1 PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java131/jre/bin:/u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
ideviceinstaller(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ideviceinstaller(1)

NAME
ideviceinstaller - Manage iDevice apps SYNOPSIS
ideviceinstaller [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Allows to install, upgrade, uninstall, archive, restore and enumerate installed or archived apps on iDevices. OPTIONS
General options: -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -U, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -h, --help prints usage information Commands: -l, --list-apps list apps installed on the device. Additional options: -o list_user list user apps only (apps installed by the user) This is the default. -o list_system list system apps only (apps available from the system firmware) -o list_all list all types of apps -o xml print output in xml format (PList) -i, --install ARCHIVE install app from a package file specified by ARCHIVE. -u, --uninstall APPID uninstall app specified by APPID. -g, --upgrade APPID upgrade app specified by APPID. -r, --restore APPID restore archived app specified by APPID. -L, --list-archives list archived applications on the device. Additional options: -o xml print output in xml format (PList) -a, --archive APPID archive app specified by APPID. Additional options: -o uninstall uninstall the package after making an archive -o app_only archive application data only -o copy=PATH copy the app archive to directory PATH when done -o remove only valid when copy=PATH is used: remove after copy -R, --remove-archive APPID remove app archive specified by APPID. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Martin Szulecki. ideviceinstaller(1)