Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identifier In Shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifier In Shell script Post 302389230 by Franklin52 on Saturday 23rd of January 2010 10:13:27 AM
Old 01-23-2010
As mentioned, the syntax is not support by your Bourne shell.
Try to change the shebangs in your scripts, something like (check where ksh is installed):

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script...ORA-00904:invalid identifier

Guys, Please suggest me what's wrong with this script? #!/usr/bin/sh ############################################################################## # Author : Bhagat Singh # # # Date : Nov 13,2006 #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting is not an identifier error

Hi all, I am getting this error while setting CLASSPTH using a script my script is #!bin/ksh export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:<some path>:<some path> If i do this thing on shell prompt individually it is working fine. but while using in shell script it is giving error. better if you... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swat
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script Unique Identifier Question

i All I have scripting question. I have a file "out.txt" which is generated by another script the file contains the following my_identifier8859574 logout The number is generated in the script and I have put the my_identifier bit in front of it as a unique identifier I now have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

4. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and replace a line using a identifier

Hi all im having trouble starting with a shell script, i hope someone here can help me i have 2 files file1: 404905.jpg 516167 404906.jpg 516168 404917.psd 516183 404947.pdf 516250 file2: 516250 /tmp/RecyclePoster18241.pdf 516167 /tmp/ReunionCardFINAL.jpg 516168... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenray
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Contention Identifier Script

Hi Experts, Need some help with a script which is definetly beyond my scripting skills. Here is flat file that I have with 4 Key Columns KEYCOLUMN1 KEYCOLUMN2 KEYCOLUMN3 KEYCOLUMN4 123ABC AEG MANCHESTER BIGBOX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier in shell

Dear guys I need help here with syntax, I am trying to start script command to capture all user activities every day, I want the log file of each user to be named with his login ID + date time to overcome the possibility of over writing the log file if he logoff and login again. Here is was I wrote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not an identifier when script is run as another user

I am new to scripting I keep getting the error var2= is not an identifier when I run this script as another user. BUT when I run it as myself, the script completes without error. Any idea why? I assume it is because the new user has a different environment . How do I make the variables active... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD