Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating FTP account using SSH (putty)? Post 302384864 by TonyFullerMalv on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 01:40:07 PM
Old 01-06-2010
1. Yes, run "passwd <userame>" as root user will do that for you.

2. Yes, it is not how I would do it, I would just edit /etc/group and add the user to that group's line preceded by a comma if users are already in that group, the user will have to log off and back on again to see the new group membership, or take a look at:
How To: UNIX Add A User To A Group

3. Yes.

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH with Putty

I've been trying to setup my SunBlade as an SSH server. I configured the sshd_config file, but I cannot get the keys to exchange properly. I generate a key pair in Putty on my laptop (the host, running Win2K), exported the Private key as OpenSSH and then copied the public key to the a file I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
3 Replies

2. Linux

Display to PC via ssh/putty (RHE 5)

Hi all, I just installed Red Hat Enterprise and I would like to have the KDE/GNOME windows display to my PC. When I am root (via ssh, putty) I type startx but it fails. I'm not sure what has to be configured! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a new account

Hi How do I create a new account with a specific group and home directory specified? TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domburf69
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automate with Putty-SSH for 2 users

Hi, I have automated logins to Unix boxes with Ssh - Putty combination. Have created a Pub - Pvt key combination for the same. Added the entry of username in "User name" box of Putty. This works perfectly for the specified user. I want this to happen now for another user as well, without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Free SSH Client other than PUTTY

Is there any Better FREE SSH client similar to Secure CRT ? We are working on cluster db servers. PROD/DEV/UAT/QA/TEST server hostnames are just one letter differences. it always confuse me to which one I am logging in. So I am looking for a free SSH client, for windows where I can store... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to get to openboot through ssh putty?

hi, iīm trying to get openboot through ssh putty, could you tell me the way because i donīt have a sun keyboard.. thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Putty SSH connection not working

I am trying to connect to a solaris server using putty from a indows client. SSH connection is not working. The terminal indow just gives an error message "Network error:Connection refused". I verified SSHD and its running correctly! #svcs -p ssh STATE STIME FMRI online 17:54:44... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
3 Replies

8. SuSE

Unable to putty using ssh at port 22

I installed linux on one of my system and assigned valid network ip to it. I am able to connect to net properly. But when I try to putty this system from another system using ssh at port 22 then it gives me connection timed out error. When I ping the system it responds fine but still unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Making SSH coonection through putty

Hi Folks , I am using putty to connect to a unix box machine the issue is that every time i need to enter the credentials of the servers (unix box) , please advise is there any way i can configure putty so that only i need to eneter the user id of the server and password is automatically pass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n4noida
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding PuTTY SSH Tunneling

I have a process running on my local server. http://dev.techx.com:6060/proct I wish to block port 6060 and expose port 7777 to the outside world. I block port 6060 and open port 7777 on the firewall. What should be the PuTTY Settings -> Connection -> SSH -> Tunnels 1. Destination ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
bt-obex(1)							    bluez-tools 							bt-obex(1)

NAME
bt-obex - a bluetooth OBEX client/server SYNOPSIS
bt-obex [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -s, --server [<path>] -p, --opp <name|mac> <file> -f, --ftp=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility implemented support of Object Push Profile (OPP) and File Transfer Profile (FTP). You can send and receive files to/from remote device using this tool. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -s, --server [<path>] Register agent at OBEX server and set incoming/root directory to `path` or current folder will be used; Agent is used to accept/reject incoming bluetooth object push requests -p, --opp <name|mac> <file> Send local file to the specified remote device using object push profile -f, --ftp <name|mac> Start FTP session with remote device; If session opened successfuly, FTP shell will be opened FTP commands: help Show help message exit Close FTP session cd <folder> Change the current folder of the remote device mkdir <folder> Create a new folder in the remote device ls List folder contents get <src> <dst> Copy the src file (from remote device) to the dst file (on local filesystem) put <src> <dst> Copy the src file (from local filesystem) to the dst file (on remote device) cp <src> <dst> Copy a file within the remote device from src file to dst file mv <src> <dst> Move a file within the remote device from src file to dst file rm <target> Deletes the specified file/folder AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-16 bt-obex(1)