Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora installation getting stuck in initrd.img Post 302384754 by mark54g on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 08:22:52 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Does the fedora CD/DVD have memtest86 or memtest86+? If so, run that.

Have you checked the CD/DVD for integrity (Md5sum?)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

initrd

ok, I'm trying to roll an initrd from scratch for learning purposes. I'm using cramfs for the filesystem so that I can modularize ext2 and ext3. The initrd has the modules required for ext3, a static insmod, a statis 'ash', static pivot_root, and a linuxrc that mounts the needed root partition... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel and initrd on machine with little amount of RAM

(rus cp1251) Вобщем смысл поста такой: я пытаюсь сделать Linux на дискетке и всё это опробовать на 386... =D поскольку памяти там мало, а ядро и initrd вроде как зажаты, я хотел бы узнать а) я сделал ядро (bzImage) оно 600 Кб. оно в памяти займёт 600 Кб или оно ещё разожмётся? б) аналогично с initrd. и ещё: он вроде 4МБ а можно в параметрах ядра сделать поменьше, можно-ли в 1-2МБ памяти уместить initrd и ядро? (eng) i am try to make linux on diskette and run it on i386... =D there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MR.Z
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.DSK to .IMG ?

Hi, I have a windows emulator that I am wanting to try out, but my Windows 3.1 files are split up over 6 .DSK images, and I need to convert them to an .IMG that I can actually mount on my system (so that the emulator can see it). Is there a way to do this? thanks. -patrick (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 11 installation issue

Hi, I have installed fedora 11 Alpha i386 in my desktop. After installation and reboot my pc I got error says : Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... Found volume group "vg_group" using metadata type lvm2 2 logical volume(s) in volume group vg_group now active mount :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peac3
1 Replies

5. Linux

What's role of swap in initrd?

Hello, I want to know why initrd need swap for work. In the shell of mkinitrd, it look for the swap partation for "swsuspdev", then write a sentence "resume /dev/sdXX" in the file init from initrd.gz, and the /dev/sdXX is the swap partation. Why initrd need swap when it boot a system? what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZR_Lang
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Could I get the initrd.img file without recompile the kernel?

Hi, all: The vmlinuz-3.0.4.old is a kernel previous to the current running kernel vmlinuz-3.0.4 which is compiled the most currently. Could I get the initrd.img-3.0.4.old without recompile under the condition that the config-3.0.4.old, System.map-3.0.4.old and vmlinuz-3.0.4.old exist? if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liklstar
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with adding a new driver in initrd at install time

I have a really old distro (FC7) that I am trying to make compatible with some new hardware (ie. new RAID drivers)... I put the RAID driver into the ISO so that the installer can detect the RAID set... but post-install (aka: first boot) it appears that the Anaconda-generated initrd does not have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Local installation of package in Red Hat / Fedora Linux

Hi all, I have a requirement to install rpm package(*noarch.rpm) in local to a directory, ex /tmp/mydir. which steps I need to follow to install rpm package local to the directory only, not to the default directories. Please share me the link if the topic is already discussed. I tried few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbattu
3 Replies
pkg2du(1M)						  System Administration Commands						pkg2du(1M)

NAME
pkg2du - convert driver packages to Driver Update format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pkg2du [-f] [-v] [-d dir] [-o iso] [-l label] [-r release] pkg [pkg ...] DESCRIPTION
The /usr/bin/pkg2du utility takes one or more packages as input and converts them to Driver Update (DU) format. If the -d option is speci- fied, the resulting DU directory tree is placed in the directory dir. If the -o option is specified, a Solaris ISO image of the DU direc- tory tree is written in the file iso. The ISO image can be burned onto CD/DVD using cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1) (not a SunOS man page) and used during Solaris installation. At least one of the -d and -o options must be specified. If both are specified, then both an ISO image and a directory tree are generated. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d dir Directory where the DU directory should be created. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of the DU directory. -f If dir/DU or iso exists, remove it without asking first. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). -r release Solaris release number to use. It takes the form of the return from uname -r command, for example, 5.10. If unspecified, the release number of the currently running Solaris is used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg [pkg...] One or more packages to be converted to DU format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating a DU CD/DVD The following commands create a DU CD or DVD containing packages SUNWfoo and SUNWbar. # /usr/bin/pkg2du -r 5.10 -o my.iso SUNWfoo SUNWbar # /usr/bin/cdrw -i my.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 pkg2du(1M)