Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract semicolon separated delimiter Post 302384601 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 01:35:48 AM
Old 01-06-2010
how about:
Code:
cut -d ';' -f1 filename.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help extracting values from string separated by a delimiter

hi guys, basically what i'm trying to do is fetching a set of columns from an oracle database like so... my_row=`sqlplus -s user/pwd << EOF set head off select user_id, username from all_users where rownum = 1; EOF` echo $my_row the code above returns... 1 ADSHOCKER so then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract comma separated value in unix

Hello All Can anyone please guide me how to solve the issue In the below code I am getting concat of two value in result variable with comma separated result=`sqlplus -s / <<EOF set pages 0 feed off; set feedback off; spool abc.txt select... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files with fields separated with semicolon

Dear experts I have files like ABD : 5869 events, relative ratio : 1.173800E-01 , sum of ratios : 1.173800E-01 VBD : 12147 events, relative ratio : 2.429400E-01 , sum of ratios : 3.603200E-01 SDF : 17000 events, relative ratio : 3.400000E-01 , sum of ratios : 7.003200E-01 OIP: 14984... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkass
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK:Split fields separated by semicolon

Hi all, I have a .vcf file which contains 8 coulmns and the data under each column as shown below, CHROM POS ID REF ALT QUAL FILTER INFO 1 3000012 . A G 126 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep lines separated with semicolon

Hello, I would like to kindly ask you for help. I have a file with some lines in one row separated by semicolon. I need to find out, if the line I have in different variable is included in this file. e.g I have a file foo.txt with lines A=hello there;hello world;hello there world In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satin1321
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string between two delimiter

I want a string between two delimeter like ( ) from file. Input File, 2007_08_07_IA-0100-014_(January).PDF 2007_08_07_IA-0100-031_(January February March April June July).PDF 2008-02-28_KR-1022-003_(January febuary march april may).CSV Output File, January January February... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik Majithia
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use substr to extract character between two semicolon?

Dear folks Hello I have a data set which one of the column of this data set are string and I want to extract numbers which is between two ":". However, I know the substr command which will do this operation but my problem is the numbers between two ":" have different digits. this will make my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates separated by delimiter

First post, been browsing for 3 days and came out with nothing so far. M3 C2 V5 D5 HH:FF A1-A2,A5-A6,A1-A2,A1-4 B4-B6,B2-B4,B4-B6,B1-B2output should be M3 C2 V5 D5 HH:FF A1-A2,A5-A6,A1-A4 B2-B4,B4-B6,B1-B2On col 6 and 7 there are strings in form of Ax-Ax and Bx-Bx respectively. Each string are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enrikS
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)