Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Help ME! this easy for who know Post 302374917 by momo.reina on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 11:40:49 PM
Old 11-26-2009
Code:
#!/bin/bash

for line in $(cat file2); do

echo $line | awk 'BEGIN { FS=";" ; OFS=";" } { print $1, $2, $3 }' >> file3

done

lin=1
for line in $(cat file1); do

pat="$(sed -n ${lin}p file1 | awk 'BEGIN { FS=";" } { print $3 }')"
        sed -n ${lin}p file3 | sed s/$/\;"$pat"/ >> file4
        lin=$[$lin+1]
done

output is file4, just rename it to whatever you want

output:

Code:
mo@mo-laptop:~/scripts$ cat file4
RA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;0/0/0; GigabitEthernet
CRA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;1/0/0; GigabitEthernet
CRA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;3/0/0;GigabitEthernet
CRA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;5/0/1;GigabitEthernet
CRA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;11/0/0;ATM
CRA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;11/0/1;ATM
CRA-JJ-W980-01;2009-11-24;13/0/0;ATM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy question about awk gsub

How does one escape the left bracket in awk? For example: | awk 'gsub (" I'm sure it's pretty simple, I'm just a noob. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy AWK question

Ive got some output in a file that looks exactly like this: 1 ----------- 1542 1 record(s) selected. How do I just extract that 1542 and drop it into another file or (preferrably) a variable (using a ksh script) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Help with Grep or Awk .. Easy one ...

I have this output: uniquemember=uid=315kthatch,ou=people,ou=client315,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com and i want the output to be just this: 315kthatch I need it to be generic tho, because I have hundreds of lines of output, and the preceding numbers are not always 315. So I would need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fun and easy awk question

I have a file called mytitles.txt containing a list of book titles I have a second file called abfile.txt containing a list of book titles (in the 3rd field) and it has author info and copyright year info as well.. I want to search mytitles.txt for a match in the 3rd field of abfiles.txt, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couple of easy questions for experts on awk/sed

Hello Experts.. I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes. I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk easy question

So, I have the following code: cat testfile.txt | awk -F, '{ print $1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5 }' | read DOC ORG NAME echo "$DOC" echo "$ORG" echo "$NAME" My testfile.txt looks something like the following: Document Type,Project Number,Org ID,Invoice Number It will eventually be more... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
14 Replies
CAT(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAT(1)

NAME
cat -- concatenate and print files SYNOPSIS
cat [-benstuv] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The cat utility reads files sequentially, writing them to the standard output. The file operands are processed in command-line order. If file is a single dash ('-') or absent, cat reads from the standard input. If file is a UNIX domain socket, cat connects to it and then reads it until EOF. This complements the UNIX domain binding capability available in inetd(8). The options are as follows: -b Number the non-blank output lines, starting at 1. -e Display non-printing characters (see the -v option), and display a dollar sign ('$') at the end of each line. -n Number the output lines, starting at 1. -s Squeeze multiple adjacent empty lines, causing the output to be single spaced. -t Display non-printing characters (see the -v option), and display tab characters as '^I'. -u The -u option guarantees that the output is unbuffered. -v Display non-printing characters so they are visible. Control characters print as '^X' for control-X; the delete character (octal 0177) prints as '^?'. Non-ASCII characters (with the high bit set) are printed as 'M-' (for meta) followed by the character for the low 7 bits. DIAGNOSTICS
The cat utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The command: cat file1 will print the contents of file1 to the standard output. The command: cat file1 file2 > file3 will sequentially print the contents of file1 and file2 to the file file3, truncating file3 if it already exists. See the manual page for your shell (i.e., sh(1)) for more information on redirection. The command: cat file1 - file2 - file3 will print the contents of file1, print data it receives from the standard input until it receives an EOF ('^D') character, print the con- tents of file2, read and output contents of the standard input again, then finally output the contents of file3. Note that if the standard input referred to a file, the second dash on the command-line would have no effect, since the entire contents of the file would have already been read and printed by cat when it encountered the first '-' operand. SEE ALSO
head(1), more(1), pr(1), sh(1), tail(1), vis(1), zcat(1), setbuf(3) Rob Pike, "UNIX Style, or cat -v Considered Harmful", USENIX Summer Conference Proceedings, 1983. STANDARDS
The cat utility is compliant with the IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2'') specification. The flags [-benstv] are extensions to the specification. HISTORY
A cat utility appeared in Version 1 AT&T UNIX. Dennis Ritchie designed and wrote the first man page. It appears to have been cat(1). BUGS
Because of the shell language mechanism used to perform output redirection, the command ``cat file1 file2 > file1'' will cause the original data in file1 to be destroyed! BSD
September 15, 2001 BSD