Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep) Post 302356486 by peterro on Friday 25th of September 2009 04:53:08 PM
Old 09-25-2009
I'm assuming you're putting these functions in something like a .profile. Couldn't you just set a variable with what you're using /tmp/.dtime for?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sleep function

Hey everyone, just entering the linux world, I need some help with a shell script i'm trying to write, the purpose is to check every 10 minutes what was the last time a certain file was modified, and if there is a connection to the server at this moment send an email with the date of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshe88
2 Replies

5. Programming

C Sleep function hangs @ __kernel_vsyscall ()

This is the gdb backtrace. ^C Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt. 0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall () (gdb) bt #0 0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall () #1 0xb7e56a70 in __nanosleep_nocancel () from /lib/libc.so.6 #2 0xb7e568bb in __sleep (seconds=0) at sleep.c:138 #3 0x080496d5 in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the Sleep function will work?

Hi All, I am new to Unix , there i am facing one problem with sleep command. that is .. in while loop i have defined sleep function .. my condition is like this while #i knew this is infinite loop do sleep 200 echo "hello " done. this condition will never become .. true... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandlysreedhar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

8. Programming

Sleep function not detected

Hello Im using geany to write my c codes. Below is my code to make the internal LED of beaglebone flashing. But i cant seem to use the sleep or delay to make the program wait for a couple of miliseconds. I've included all include files that i can find but none of it solve the problem. Any help is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HellRyder
1 Replies

9. Programming

Doubt with signals and sleep function

Hi , I have a doubt with signals and sleep function. In a program i have this while(1) { //do some work sleep(1); }And in a thread i have something like this union sigval data; char message; char msg; data.sival_int=0; while(1) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacesado
4 Replies
SANDBOX_INIT(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   SANDBOX_INIT(3)

NAME
sandbox_init, sandbox_free_error -- set process sandbox (DEPRECATED) SYNOPSIS
#include <sandbox.h> int sandbox_init(const char *profile, uint64_t flags, char **errorbuf); void sandbox_free_error(char *errorbuf); DESCRIPTION
The sandbox_init() and sandbox_free_error() functions are DEPRECATED. Developers who wish to sandbox an app should instead adopt the App Sandbox feature described in the App Sandbox Design Guide. The sandbox_init() function places the current process into a sandbox(7). The NUL-terminated string profile specifies the profile to be used to configure the sandbox. The flags specified are formed by or'ing the following values: SANDBOX_NAMED The profile argument specifies a sandbox profile named by one of the constants given in the AVAILABLE PROFILES sec- tion below. The out parameter *errorbuf will be set according to the error status. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion of sandbox_init(), a value of 0 is returned and *errorbuf is set to NULL. In the event of an error, a value of -1 is returned and *errorbuf is set to a pointer to a NUL-terminated string describing the error. This string may contain embedded newlines. This error information is suitable for developers and is not intended for end users. This pointer should be passed to sandbox_free_error(3) to release the allocated storage when it is no longer needed. AVAILABLE PROFILES
The following are brief descriptions of each available profile. Keep in mind that sandbox(7) restrictions are typically enforced at resource acquisition time. kSBXProfileNoInternet TCP/IP networking is prohibited. kSBXProfileNoNetwork All sockets-based networking is prohibited. kSBXProfileNoWrite File system writes are prohibited. kSBXProfileNoWriteExceptTemporary File system writes are restricted to the temporary folder /var/tmp and the folder specified by the confstr(3) configuration variable _CS_DARWIN_USER_TEMP_DIR. kSBXProfilePureComputation All operating system services are prohibited. SEE ALSO
sandbox-exec(1), sandbox(7), sandboxd(8) Mac OS X November 15, 2011 Mac OS X