Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Emergency Forum Posting Problem Post 302355561 by Neo on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 06:10:20 AM
Old 09-23-2009
I wil look into it. It sounds like a forum user group permission issue. We need to give permissions to registered users to reply. I assume only mods and admins has permissions to reply now, so I will fix it.

---------- Post updated at 10:10 ---------- Previous update was at 08:45 ----------

OK, it should be OK now, and registered users can post replies to threads in the emergency forum.

In addition, a user, chakrapani, suggested via PM to me that we should give extra Bits credit to replies in the Emergency Forum, so I am going to rate the Bits credits for replies for Registered Users from 100 Bits per Post Reply to 1000 Bits per post reply in that forum.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posting in teh incorrect Forum

As i am going through the board today i noticed alot of questions out of place. and quite a few of them were rather redundent to stuff that has already been coverd. I know that talking about stuff that has already been coverd will always happen BUT comeone people. Dosent anyone read the FAQ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Posting on a forum

Hi all, found a little flash movie about posting. Check it out. http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html? Regards, Dream (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamCatcher
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

User Guide: Posting in the Emergency Forum

Emergency UNIX and Linux Support !! Help Me! Forum (Request Urgent Help) README FIRST: How to Request Emergency or Urgent Help: You may post emergency work-related questions in the emergency forum. To post in this forum you will need to use your Bits. All questions answered on a "best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Forum posting help

How do some posters get just a simple little text box in the middle of a sentence or paragragh? I have seen many threads where posters aren't using code tags or quote tags, because both of those take up an entire line on the screen. It looks like a code tag, but has no header and no newline... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Emergency Support Forum usage

I think I've noticed over recent years that the number of threads started on the Emergency Support forum has become virtually nil. Why do we think that is? Members cannot easily to find that forum? The site layout has changed? The longevity of this forum means that all the answers are... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
10 Replies
UNDOCUMENTED(7) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   UNDOCUMENTED(7)

NAME
undocumented - No manpage for this program, utility or function. DESCRIPTION
This program, utility or function does not have a useful manpage. Before opening a bug to report this, please check with the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS) at <http://bugs.debian.org/> if a bug has already been reported. If not, you can submit a wishlist bug if you want. If you are a competent and accurate writer and are willing to spend the time reading the source code and writing good manpages please write a better man page than this one. Please contact the package maintainer and copy man-pages@qa.debian.org in order to avoid several people working on the same manpage. Even if you are not an accurate writer, your input may be helpful. Writing manual pages is quite easy, the format is described in man(7). The most important and time-consuming task is to collect the information to be put in the new manpage. DIAGNOSTICS
It is possible that the man page for the command you specified is installed and that your manual page index caches are out of sync. You should try running mandb(8). Try the following options if you want more information: foo --help, foo -h, foo -? info foo whatis foo, apropos foo dpkg --listfiles foo, dpkg --search foo locate '*foo*' find / -name '*foo*' Additionally, check the directories /usr/share/doc/foo, /usr/lib/foo. The documentation might be in a package starting with the same name as the package the software belongs to, but ending with -doc or -docs. If you still didn't find the information you are looking for you might consider posting a call for help to debian-user@lists.debian.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), whatis(1), apropos(1), dpkg(8), locate(1), find(1), updatedb(1), undocumented(3), man(7), mandb(8), missing(7). Debian GNU/Linux August 24th, 2003 UNDOCUMENTED(7)