Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to specify the correct HMC interface during installios Post 302354022 by balaji_prk on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 10:57:12 PM
Old 09-16-2009
How to specify the correct HMC interface during installios

I am trying to restore a VIO server through HMC. The nim_resources.tar is nfs exported from a file server.

The HMC has 2 interface configured

ent0 - Privare network
ent1 - Public network

Both networks are isolated from each other with different switch.

Now the problem:

When running the installios command from HMC and after providing the required parameter, the HMC assumes server IP as the one in private network and going forward ping fails during the lpar bootup

Quote:

Connecting to my-vio
Connected
Checking for power off.
Power off complete.
Power on stvus056t-vio to Open Firmware.
Power on complete.
Client IP address is 10.242.231.69.
Server IP address is 172.17.0.2.
Gateway IP address is 10.242.231.126.
Subnetmask IP address is 255.255.255.192.
Getting adapter location codes.
/pci@800000020000203/ethernet@1 ping unsuccessful
Is there any way I can tell the HMC to use the HMC interface in public network as Server IP and not the private interface ?

Let me know if its not clear..

Bala

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hmc

Well i am right now working on an IBM P550 risc server with an HMC connected.. The server has 2 logical partitions (Lpar). both lpar is having Aix 5.3 installed. Now I have a doubt.. is it possible to have Aix in one lpar and windows 2003 in another.. cheers Bala (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

2. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

3. AIX

HMC installation

Can i install HMC on an x86 or x64 machine.. i have (2) rs6000 44p model 170 . OS: AIX 5.3 TL 7 I want to practice HMC and LPAR. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. AIX

HMC commands

Hi anybody know how to dynamically add a virtual ethernet to a running LPAR using the HMC CLI? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwright84
4 Replies

8. AIX

HMC Commands

Hello All, Can anybody knows a command, what I can check the processes in the HMC restricted shell? :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalaso
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
bt-network(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-network(1)

NAME
bt-network - a bluetooth network manager SYNOPSIS
bt-network [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage network services (client/server). All servers will be automatically unregistered when the application terminates. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> Connect to the network device and return the network interface name, uuid can be either one of "gn", "panu" or "nap" -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> Register server for the provided UUID, every new connection to this server will be added the bridge interface AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-11-22 bt-network(1)