Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help The Helpdesk?!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help The Helpdesk?!! Post 302352547 by briandanielz on Friday 11th of September 2009 07:15:03 PM
Old 09-11-2009
Help The Helpdesk?!!

-- Thanks in advance for any help --
This is a osx specific typically 10.5.x -10.6.x

I work at a mac helpdesk - and we do allot of Data Transfers/Migrations
As things go, at the helpdesk, with the world of computers; (hard drives) are not always willing to play nice.

So here is the proverbial scenario

Data Migration or Transfer from one computer to another, and from the computer we are transferring from the HD is mounting and smart status if passing... but...

1, Migration fails - due to hanging or data corruption
2. Imaging in Disk Utility fails with "Input/output error"
3. I use...

Cp -Rvf

And this generally this works for me because it will get everything off of the computer that it can read from the drive...

What I want to do, and do not know how, is three things essentially.

1. Run "Cp -Rvf" and log output to a "DT.txt file" as well
2. Run "Cp -Rvf" and log Just log (or filter) Just "Input/output errors" to and errors.txt
or Ideally
3. Run "Cp -Rvf" and log entire transfer to DT.txt and log just "Input/output errors" to errors.txt

Last edited by briandanielz; 09-13-2009 at 03:22 AM..

bt-serial(1)							    bluez-tools 						      bt-serial(1)

NAME
bt-serial - a bluetooth serial manager SYNOPSIS
bt-serial [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect <name|mac> <pattern> -d, --disconnect <name|mac> <tty_device> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage serial service connections. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> <pattern> Connects to a specific RFCOMM based service on a remote device and then creates a RFCOMM TTY device for it; `pattern` is a profile short name (spp, dun), RFCOMM channel (1-30) -d, --disconnect <name|mac> <tty_device> Disconnect a RFCOMM TTY device that has been created AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) 2010-08-12 bt-serial(1)